SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

3 walleye limit

3/9/24 @ 4:06 PM
INITIAL POST
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13

Journal sentinel reports 3 fish limit on inland lakes now.   They really don't want us to eat fish.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 91 posts
4/19/24 @ 8:40 AM
4/19/24 @ 8:14 AM
stealthh20
User since 2/18/09
-I am not aware that the tribes were harvesting fish from the Minoqua chain after they agreed NOT to take any fish until 2025 per the agreement with WFT and  DNR and all of the efforts to bring the numbers back to proper ratio's after all of the years of abuse, but I do know that anglers who pay for licenses and support the conservation efforts have not been able to harvest any walleyes and have been abiding by the rules set forth so that there are walleyes in the future. 
4/18/24 @ 6:31 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09
Stealth,  I am shock that you are calling the natives out. Extremely poor judgement and stewardship , I would have expected this sooner. Were you aware that the natives have been hook and line fishing it all along.
4/18/24 @ 2:16 PM
stealthh20
User since 2/18/09
Any intel on the spearing activity? Not a very good start with the Minocqua chain possibly being speared this year as being reported by WXPR.  Extremely poor judgement and stewardship being displayed by the tribes who agreed to leave it alone until 2025. 
4/17/24 @ 5:46 AM
big mac
User since 2/19/02
Mountain.....AMEN!!!
We all know the warden's are spread to thin! Especially patrolling our waters. So, " be an advocate "! Call a warden, write down the boat registration, take a picture, get a witness,  etc.
Big Mac 
4/16/24 @ 4:10 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
I fish in the Ceded Territory so we’ve been at 3 limit for awhile now anyway. I personally don’t care what they do in other areas. If they care, they will read fishing regulations for their areas. I don’t care about other areas because I don’t know anything about them and more than likely won’t ever fish them.
4/16/24 @ 11:21 AM
Mountain
Mountain
User since 1/7/02
I think a 3 fish limit in the GB bay/tribs is fine. I have zero problem telling someone on the Fox that they are violating if I see them. Be an advocate for the resource and call people out if they are doing it.
4/15/24 @ 11:05 PM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
I wonder how many will be violating the 3 fish limit this year? The DNR doesn't have enough wardens to patrol the GB tributaries this year. An article in WON claims poaching is running rampant this year on the tributaries.  3 times what has been observed in past years.
4/15/24 @ 10:39 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02
I stand by my statement! The 3 walleye limit on The Big Chip has helped!!
Ask anyone in our 2 boats.
Sure,  sometimes sucks putting a few back, but in the last few years, it has made a significant change in the amount of walleyes we've caught. 
Back up the first week in June! Over 30 years!
Big Mac 
4/14/24 @ 9:53 PM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03
Fish filet, I'm sure that was quite the sight seeing all those walleyes spawning. However, Fishing the system over 30 years,I have seen it from scratch to what it is now. You can thank all of us for the 1 walleye a day until opening day to get where it is. 5 fish per day is not sustainable considering increased fishing pressure, guides, and now sonar where you can just drive around until you locate a school. I'm good with 3 in the bay also.
4/14/24 @ 8:00 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
I fish green bay once a year and winnebago maybe 3 times a year.  With that little bit, I'm not really packing the freezer.  Lol
4/14/24 @ 7:53 PM
OneFineDay
User since 7/22/12
Now, my hope is that the new regs are enforced, vigorously. 
4/14/24 @ 7:52 PM
OneFineDay
User since 7/22/12
FF, but this one they (the DNR) got right. Really bothers some that they can’t pack the freezer, sad. Which is exactly why this regulation change was justified.  I love the change. 
4/14/24 @ 6:30 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
Madforlabs.  Can't be any worse than our do nothing right dnr.  
4/14/24 @ 3:35 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09
Fin, the bay is 5
Displaying 1 to 15 of 91 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE