SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2020 Waterfowl Reports

1/2/20 @ 7:55 AM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another New Year. Place your reports, Pics and comments here for the new Season. Stay Safe and have fun!   

Displaying 30 to 44 of 126 posts
11/15/20 @ 11:31 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

On windy, blustery days, like today, all the ducks and geese disappear.   I have yet to find out where they hide from the wind.   There are not in the creeks or on the fields.

Someday, I will find their windbreak site.

11/14/20 @ 10:05 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

Had a great hunt yesterday. Buffleheads were down. Ended with a drake mallard, two golden eyes, and nine buffleheads. Couldn’t get a bill to come into the decoys.

11/14/20 @ 8:00 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Hunted today from 5a.m. till 4p.m. took a small break to come home and have some lunch. Hunted backwater spring in a.m. good amount of mallard still using this. Had couple dozen land in spread just before light. Those kicked up no shots. Had others working high but landed elsewhere. Had a pair swing through blocks. Managed the drake missed Suzie. Drove to larger flowage close by. Kicked couple dozen mallard and geese right close to landing. Went home had lunch and some goose silos. Had birds working but always landing far out or off to side. One lone gadwall decoyed perfect. Thinking the rutt might finally be on cause there was no other duckhunters seen or heard. Back at it tomorrow.

11/14/20 @ 4:12 PM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

How’s the numbers still up north Griz? There startin to push down here pretty good. Slowly picking off good numbers of greenheads last few days in northern IL. High winds (SSE) and storms should shake things up a bit.......hope y’all are having a good season. Stay safe. 

WalleyezZ 

11/13/20 @ 7:26 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

Hunted 2 of last 3 days.  Not a ton of ducks flying, just the typical late season species.  The birds that flew by saw the spread and couldn't say no.  10 birds taken on these 2 hunts:  2 drake mallards, 5 buffs (3 drakes - 1 mature, 2 hens), 3 goldeneyes (1 drake).  I was hoping to see some additional mallards with last night's snow, but that did not materialize where I was.  Also saw many migrating swans and a handful of mergatroids.

11/12/20 @ 7:36 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Agree that the peak of the migration was bout 2 weeks ago in n.w. Wisconsin. Still some local mallard and geese. Still couple good hunts to come, fingers crossed.

11/11/20 @ 7:06 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Nice job Mr Carper!  You always seem to pull out some good puddle duck hunts later in the season.

Grim season over on the west side in the river zone. Poor Fall water levels in the backwaters and a harsh cold snap in Oct during the prime migration. Birds just kept on going down the flyway highway. 

Give in another go on Fri morn. Jus for the dogs sake.....might be her last hunt season.

11/11/20 @ 6:32 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

One goose yesterday field hunting.  Saw well over 1000 in my area all landed in another field very close.  Didn’t see a single duck.  

11/10/20 @ 8:59 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Another great weekend hunting. Limited out both days. Saturday i took 3 greenheads, a hen shovler, a drake gadwall, and a hen widgeon. Sunday was 3 greenheads, a hen mallard, and 2 gadwalls. Both day I saw alot of birds but still waiting for the big push in my area. Both days I had a good amount of woodies and teal blue and green wing ripping around. 

11/10/20 @ 1:27 PM
rufflefeather
PRO MEMBER User since 10/23/20

reports said birds here in peak numbers last weekend where im at in southern part of state .... went out to a good marsh that's always pretty productive and seen 2 mallards all morning saturday and about the same on sunday in totally different place... this stinks 

11/3/20 @ 6:40 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

One goose yesterday.  Blue bird skies and a lot of sun.   Didn’t see a single duck!!   I’ll try again soon .

11/2/20 @ 5:31 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

Was an up and down weekend on my stretch of river.hunted/scouted Friday morning before work and found some birds and left with 3 mallards and a hen Buffy I found on the way out that was crippled. Saturday was the best day for us. We left with a mallard limit hen wigeon and hen ringer. Plus a bonus black that that will b my next addition to the wall.  Sunday was kinda a bust in that crazy wind. Left with a single mallard drake. Early evenings now kinda put a hurting on my scouts after work. 

11/1/20 @ 2:32 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Hunted this a.m. in 15 to 20 mph winds. Decoys were not holding and were covered in ice. Managed one mallard that decoyed perfect. Took out all my floaters and hunted with four rester full body mallards and a mojo on shore. Managaed gwt and took couple shots at another mallard and missed. Hurried shot butt of 870 caught in jacket. Even short stroked on the third shot. Total botch job. Seen a lot of divers again but none on my side of the lake. Still good amount of mallard and geese, but they sitting right in front of every ones cabin.

11/1/20 @ 2:28 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Great hunt SM !   Nice job staying on the birds!! 

11/1/20 @ 1:44 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Mr Natural, Its been really slow hunting on Pool 7 last 2 weeks. Almost historically slow. Calender and weather should be go-time. Most of the bangn is along the refuge/firing line. 

No birds around or migrating in the area. Last week was strong on swan migration. Friend came back from S.Dakota Phez hunting. Potholes loaded with waterfowl. I dunno 

Hunted the last 3 mornings. 4 birds. 2 GWT, 1 Woody and 1 Greenhead. 

Back to the Deer stand.

Displaying 30 to 44 of 126 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE