SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2020 Waterfowl Reports

1/2/20 @ 7:55 AM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another New Year. Place your reports, Pics and comments here for the new Season. Stay Safe and have fun!   

Displaying 76 to 90 of 126 posts
10/20/20 @ 7:16 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Thanks Griz for the icing update.  Dont be poken any holes in them waders on that skim ice : )

10/20/20 @ 5:26 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Fowler2- had ice on ponds and back bays of the flowage I was hunting. Not ready yet for that. Only halfway through the season. Still good amount of local mallards and geese hang around till the deep freeze. Just hope it is not to soon!

10/19/20 @ 7:12 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Good grief Griz,  Swans and buffys already!     I'm really not diggn this cold weather pattern so far.  Season for me will be done in two weeks if it stays this direction.

10/19/20 @ 6:47 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Skipped work today! Managed 2 mallard and a goose still hunting large reservoir holding alot of birds. Tundra swans have showed up along with some buffleheads. Had 3 green wing teal milling in the blocks today as well. Ice has formed in shallow water. Season seems nearing end at half way? Jzzzzz where is up north? Never smacked woodies in the field. That sounds like fun.

10/19/20 @ 5:24 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

after a 2 week hiadus hi atus ??  um vacation from huntin post wedding I made the trek back north to the field of dreams and it did not dissapoint  14 woodys dead sat and 11 dead sunday,  they keep coming bigger flocks but still dozens crazy!   great to watch the dogs run in every direction and huntin with good old friends in the corn.

hopefully more mallards and black n whites soon. scouted bigger water saturday and did not see much of anything yet.

goodhuntin all!

10/19/20 @ 2:10 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Nice hunt SM, Wow, goldeneye already.

Slow sunday morning hunt for us. 2 Wigeon, missed a few others. Just not a good decoying day.  Weather and wind change seem to be the difference maker from the previous morning.

Sorry to hear the poor hunting out on Horicon Marsh.  Alot of great memorable hunts out there from years past.

10/19/20 @ 9:18 AM
scumfrog_millionaire
scumfrog_millionaire
User since 8/14/13

Was out on Horicon for the second opener on Saturday afternoon. Hunted a spot I've never hunted before (bogs really changed some of my spots), and saw maybe 20 total ducks in 3.5 hours. Shot once at a woody passing by and missed. Anybody else seeing anything out there this season? I've had a couple poor outings. I'll be trying again Saturday morning..

10/18/20 @ 6:38 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

Interesting day in terms of different waterfowl species seen.  Mallards, wigeon, pintails, shovelers, ringnecks, cans, and even goldeneyes.   Got 5 today, but didn't take advantage of a few additional opportunities that were there (looking wrong way, etc, etc).  Pic of 3 drake mallards and a drake goldeneye.  1 bird was not photo worthy.

10/17/20 @ 6:11 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Had a ok 2nd opener in the River zone. Wood duck numbers seem low overall this year. Migrators are arriving. 3 man hunt yielded 3 gadwall, 2 Wigeon and 1 Wood duck. 

No snow here, warmed up quite a bit today in the Lax area. Hit 63 in the afternoon. Cold front knocking on the door for sunday.

10/17/20 @ 5:19 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Out in the blowing snow this a.m. chasing mallard and geese. Managed a couple geese but missed on the mallard. Seen good amount of geese, mallard, and divers. Couple green wing and 7 blue wing in the blocks. It was a nasty morning, but I love it!

10/11/20 @ 10:26 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Scouted as well yesterday after a one wood duck hunt. Found a good amount of mallards on larger reservoir. Had a limit by 8 o'clock. Seen less geese though.

10/10/20 @ 8:12 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

When all the scouting and hard works pays off. I don't normally hunt 4 guys but we found a good batch of birds last night and I felt comfortable we would have a good shoot. Well did we ever. 22 birds total. 12 wood ducks 8 teal and 2 pintails. A hunt i won't soon forget. Birds had feet down and we never made a shot outside 25 yards. Great day with a great friends. We shall see what tomorrow brings. 

10/10/20 @ 10:39 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Saturday morning hunt. Nice bird movement first 30 min. 2 man hunt harvested 5 Wood duck and 1 wigeon. Some high flyer migrators moving into the Miss river valley.

10/9/20 @ 7:01 PM
jimbo55will
User since 1/17/07

' "Until you have courted the bluebills in the snow you have not tasted of the purer delights of waterfowling" ' My alltime favorite hunting book--Gordon Macquarrie was a master story teller.

10/9/20 @ 4:04 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

It also reminds me of Gordon MacQuarrie and "Stories of the Old Duck Hunters" series.  One I remember was The Bluebills Died at Dawn  

Displaying 76 to 90 of 126 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE