SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

Stimulus money firearms

4/1/20 @ 9:18 PM
INITIAL POST
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Who's going to spend some or all of your money on a firearm ?  Tell us what you’d like ,   American  made of course   !  I was thinking of a Henry  .22 .

Displaying 31 to 45 of 66 posts
4/21/20 @ 7:19 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Thanks Snake. I found a good deal on brass, just a better deal on steel. I'll likely go brass. I feed steel through my SKS and that rifle can eat it just fine. But I do need to clean it after a day at the range. 

4/20/20 @ 6:11 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

For those who have an M1, do they eat steel case ammo well? Do you know what was the standard issue for casings when they were in service?  Big difference in bulk ammo price between steel and brass. I know most of the steel ammo is dirty but I love to strip a weapon down and clean it. Thanks for input. 

4/14/20 @ 8:36 AM
TunaBoat
TunaBoat
PRO MEMBER User since 4/11/02

I'm looking for a Canik TP9sf.  (Imported by Century Arms) Can't find one in my area.  It sounds like a nice entry priced pistol with a great trigger.  Not American made, but the ammo I'd shoot through it will be.

4/13/20 @ 8:51 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12

I would personally love an M1 garand. Buddy had one growing up, a hand me down from his dad. We shot the heck out of that gun, 30-06 was pretty cheap then. Had lots of fun at the range. I could now afford one, and to shoot it, but it would sit in the safe and collect dust in reality. I'm down to very few guns, I really only shoot alot of handgun still. Not enough time behind rifles anymore, (besides 1 AR that gets shot alot) to justify the purchase for me.  

4/13/20 @ 8:19 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12

30-06 for M1 Garand during WW2 and Korea. If your talking M14 or M1A1 for the civilian rifle that's .308(7.62x51)

4/13/20 @ 7:42 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

What was the standard caliber issued? I asked my pop but he honestly couldn’t remember. He’s in his 80’s and the memory ain’t so good these days.

4/13/20 @ 7:08 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12

The big question is how much will you shoot it? How many rounds will you burn in a range session? 20, 50,100? How often will you hit the range with it? Weekly, monthly, or once or twice a year?  7.62/.308 is the more logical choice if you already have the caliber. 30-06 ammo is available in bulk too, but at greater cost. But if your not gonna put a significant amount of lead downrange of either caliber that will really put a dent in your wallet, get what you want. 

4/13/20 @ 1:25 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Looking for advise on caliber. CMP has service grade rifles in 7.62 available. They also have some special rack grade rifles in 30-06. Which one and why?

I currently have two deer rifles in .308 as well as an AR-10 in 7.62/.308 so it would make sense to go that route for bulk ammo purchases. But I’ve never owned a 30-06. I gotta believe that ammo would be pricey.

4/13/20 @ 1:12 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I know that my pop did his Basic at Leavenworth in KS. I thought that he said that he was stationed there for most of his time in the Army but he may have been transferred at some point. I’m pretty sure that it was no where near the Pacific NW. It was down south somewhere.

4/5/20 @ 7:20 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

My pop carried an M1 during his service to our country. That was between Korea and Nam. He was ready to deploy during the Cuban Missile Crisis before they were ordered to stand down. He said the M1 was the most solid rifle he ever fired. Can’t wait to have him fire it.

4/4/20 @ 4:43 PM
stealthh20
User since 2/18/09

I've got plenty of guns, plus I can only use one at a time.. so i think I'm going to use the money for what it is truly intended, I'll probably use all of it to support small businesses that have been hit the hardest. Independents, farm stands, businesses forced to close,etc.. the most important thing Americans can do after this is over is to help the local economies. Gun and alcohol sales are stronger than ever. I want to know my country will be strong when this ends.

4/4/20 @ 1:06 PM
cajunmusky
User since 8/22/05

BT-

Plus one more for the M1.  You can shop around and wait for Springfield to do a gear up promo, I got a loaded version with wood/SS, came with custom case, 2 cleaning kits, 2x 5rd mags, and I added 3x 10 rd, 3x 20rd, leather sling, 1-3x Vortex, scope mount, and I was all in for less than 1500.  In retrospect, I would have skipped the glass, the scope mount makes it almost mandatory to add a high-rise cheek piece to the stock to make it worthwhile.

The weapon is unbelievable solid, reportedly good out to 400yds, but my old eyes are only good to 200-250.  The only mild negatives I could come up with is the weight of the rifle and the cost of ammo- bulk 762 still runs at .75c/rd, storebought 150 grain will be about 1$ a round- I have been spoiled by years of free unlimited ammo, so I only take out the M1 as a treat to myself, like a good scotch or a good steak- not an everyday thing, but something to savor when you have earned it.

Also I would love to try the SOCOM version in poly, but know in my heart that if I got a chance to shoot one, it would end up costing me 1700$ or so.

4/3/20 @ 3:43 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Bugle- you should buy one. No collection is complete without that. I’ve shot mine a handful of times and it is an incredible piece of history. 

I’ve always wanted to make a display to put over my bar with my Mauser 98K crossed with a Garand (Garand on top). Kind of making a statement with the rifle that saved the world and the rifle that almost destroyed it. 

4/2/20 @ 5:20 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11

It's the Saint Edge for me, been looking at it since it came out, but could never come up with the coin. It's $1,068 on grab a gun now. With the phone call and tax, be just about the $1200. Got another small bonus from work for working through Covid 19, gonna use that for 500 rounds and a few mags. Hope we actually get the $$$ soon. Stay safe all

4/2/20 @ 8:17 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I have just about every firearm that I could ever want. Except for one. I'd love a Springfield M1 Garande. I might have to pull the trigger on that soon. Ha!

Displaying 31 to 45 of 66 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE