MORE
Guns & Shooting

New guns.

6/6/22 @ 7:24 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

Could not find the what have you bought lately so here is another. Pretty excited. Pellet gun additions. The dan Wesson 2 1/2 in and the 347 crossman vigilante. 

New guns. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Displaying 46 to 60 of 79 posts
2/13/23 @ 8:05 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Finally found the rifle I was looking for. An IWI Zion 15 with a 16" barrel. I put a Vortex StrikeFire II red/green dot on it. It's not glamorous, but it's very solid, and does everything I'll need it to. Can't wait to get it out and zero it in. I paid well below MSRP for it, so that made it even better. Any ammo recommendations for a first time AR15 owner? I figured on buying some match grade ammo to sight it in, and some FMJ Nato stuff for range time. Thanks.

2/12/23 @ 9:12 PM
pailfull
User since 1/27/09

I picked up the savage axis II youth in 6.5 creeedmore  for my soon to be 8 year old at Cabelas on Black Friday. After the points for a new club card it was around $275. It’s a sweet little gun! You’re right, real accurate. I want one now. 

1/19/23 @ 3:57 PM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03

Hockeyguy, Savage Axis is all I can see. I bought combo gun/scope. I ended up putting better scope on both of youth guns.

1/18/23 @ 10:35 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Huntfish, which model are yours?  

1/18/23 @ 7:35 AM
FishinXtreme
FishinXtreme
PRO MEMBER User since 1/12/14

Anyone on here familiar the Smith & Wesson revolver model 65-2 357 mag? It has a 3" barrel which I was told is rare. 

1/17/23 @ 6:31 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I been you tubin several vids on Rugers Marlin lever guns.  There well liked and impressive but no calibers so far outside of 45/70. Unless you want it for shooting bear 45/70 not good for much else/.  Wouldnt mind a "308 leever"

1/17/23 @ 5:45 PM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03

Bought 2 youth Savage 7mm-08 for kids starting out, and boy, I have to say they are very accurate. 

1/17/23 @ 5:06 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

MasterPiker, yes it is! Really happy with it and kind of excited to see how it shoots once I actually clean the barrel! 

Hindsight being what it is, I really wish I knew a bit more about them when I was buying my first rifle 7 years ago. I burned through so much ammo before realizing the gun was just junk.  And that's just what I bought! A friend from work gave me her late husband's ammo (for a gun he no longer had lol) which was six boxes worth of exactly what I use. Had I bought a Savage to begin with, I'd still have at least four of those left!

1/15/23 @ 11:43 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Waiting for another release of the newest CZ Scorpion, the 3 plus. I can find the micros, but I'm looking for the 7.8" barrel version. They all sold out over the Summer when I didn't have the cash to pick one up. Now I have the cash, and can't find one anywhere. Sigh. Probably going to pick up something else for now. I have my eye on the Grand Power Stribog. Found a place that is selling them with the foldable stock, and (3) 30 round mags. I would love a CMMG PCC in 9mm, but my budget says otherwise. Heck, if money was no issue I'd grab a Wilson Combat. Sweet gun.

1/14/23 @ 4:11 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

hockeyguy39,

I'm not sure if that is the same rifle we talked about a couple years ago, but Savage rifles are workhorses. I own a few and have recommended them to friends and family. They have all shot very well with good optics and mounts. Ditch the cheap scope and aluminum rings that come with them and replace them with a decent scope and DNZ/Talley mounts and they shoot great! Congrats on your purchase and a great deer!

1/14/23 @ 3:03 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11

Back on 11/22/22 promised  i'd get back on here with my review of HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER.

Moving 91-year-old ma up here from Florida and birth of Grandson kept me from range time. Rectified that yesterday. The little revolver really is well worth the money. Fairly accurate, the sites consist of a groove in topstrap, and a raised beaded front site, shot to point of aim at 15 yards. Just used some old lead Remington cheapie ammo. Will try it with better fodder next time. Takes plenty of work to load and unload with that gate, but easy enough and make you value your shots! Great inexpensive starter gun for a kid. Biggest beef and (might be my fault) is getting spent cases out. One really has to slam the ejector rod to remove them. Next time, will have a little oil with me and lightly swab the cylinders down before firing.

All in all, well worth the $89 I paid at Bud's guns, You know that every gun is a gift that keeps giving...Bought a $10 "rug" case for it, paid the fee for FBI call in $20,now ordering the $30 .22 mag cylinder and then gotta have a holster fer me "cowboy" gun, plus the available grips in heritage catalogue are cool and tempting. Such is life.

So if you ante up the $119 price ($30 mail rebate) I think you'll be happy. I never thought fit and finish would be as good as it is, and even with cheapie ammo it always went bang. I easily give it four and a half stars IMHO. 

1/12/23 @ 11:14 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21

About a month back, I put on a lightweight Primary Arms 3X prism optic on my looter shooter. Easily as fast on the target at 10-25yds as a dot sight, but offers precision at 100yds. The optical clarity from edge to edge rivals HD glass. Was able to shoot right at MOA with my home-rolled rendition of the 77gr MK262 Mod1 ammo, from a bag rest. Looking forward to testing it at some longer distances this spring/summer to see how close the register is on the sight markings using a 16" barrel (or at least how far off it is).

New guns. photo by Gman762
New guns. photo by Gman762
1/6/23 @ 8:55 AM
FishinXtreme
FishinXtreme
PRO MEMBER User since 1/12/14

Remington 700 300win mag.

New guns. photo by FishinXtreme
12/29/22 @ 10:33 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I will give a big thumbs up to Savage 110/111 rifles. Picked up a used 30/06 at a pawn shop to replace a POS Remington 783 in same caliber. Even without cleaning the barrel yet, it's super accurate by my standards (under 1.5"/100 yards) with cheap 150 gr core lokts. Certainly accurate enough to land two hits right where I was aiming on this guy at 205+ yards opening day lol!
As for caliber, I'll just mention I have not seen much in the way of 30/06 on the rare occasions I look when I'm at a store that carries ammo, nor much 270 and even less 7mm/08, but 308 seems quite plentiful in a variety of brands most places I've seen.  
side note: I understand 308 has a military background/presence so seeing a bunch of military surplus wouldn't be surprising, but the number of hunting rounds from various manufacturers does seem odd relative to the scarcity of other popular calibers.  Something to consider if you enjoy shooting in the off season as well and don't reload.  

New guns. photo by hockeyguy39
12/28/22 @ 4:54 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21

Opinion on the Winchester 20 gauge? 
That specific shotgun is an excellent value. I was the Midwest rep for Winchester/USRAC from 92-94 and sold a pile of the 1300's. Alloy receiver (because the bolt rotated into the barrel extension like an AR15 and the barrel extension took all of the force of the cartridge). The "speed pump" feature unlocked the bolt when you fired and was almost like a power-assist to rack the slide. BUT...the weak point of the entire design was the 2-finger ejection spring that was secured to the receiver, inside the ejection port. This spring was brittle and prone to fracture. Best to order one and keep it on hand. You can get one from Ahlman's - AHLMAN'S PARTS

Displaying 46 to 60 of 79 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE