MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Dead deer,no blood...?

11/30/19 @ 8:34 AM
INITIAL POST
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

This was my 3rd season gun hunting,and managed to shoot my 1st buck($.50 cent piece) with one side of rack broke off . I'm shooting a Savage 30.06 w/165gr hornady sst's. My shot was a 125 yrds, deer fell over upon impact. So I get up to my deer and am dumbfounded to find no blood at all,or any entrance wound...?After making for sure deer is dead,rolled him over and to much surprise a few "specks" of blood and had to search hard to find exit wound....I haven't been hunting very long at all but just wondering if anyone else has witnessed anything like this at all?

Displaying 31 to 41 of 41 posts
11/30/19 @ 10:19 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

My cousin took it and skinned it , so I don't know  . No bleeding from mouth ,  nose or ears .

11/30/19 @ 10:11 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01

My daughter shot a nice buck a number of years ago ( coincidentally it only had a half a rack also) and I never found an entrance or an exit hole either. Don't remember all the details if there was any internal bleeding or not. Had to razz her and ask, what she did to scare it to death.

11/30/19 @ 6:32 PM
No Dak
User since 2/28/16

When you skin the deer it may reveal more info. Congrats!

11/30/19 @ 6:07 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

Was the deer a half rack when you shot or did you hit the horn and knock it out.

11/30/19 @ 5:27 PM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

Thanks for the replies and insight. 

11/30/19 @ 4:42 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

OSOK-

Any chance she missed the vitals and the bullet went in the deer’s ear???

11/30/19 @ 1:47 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I had it happen  . A cousin brought his girlfriend  . She shot a small spike . I cleaned it for her . Found no entry or exit wound ?  No blood in heart  lung area . No smell like a normal shot deer . I think it died of a heart attack   ??

11/30/19 @ 11:36 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

SSTs do that sometimes, be glad you recovered that great looking buck. A Google search will show a lot of bad reviews. Congratulations and good luck going forward. 

Displaying 31 to 41 of 41 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE