SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Old fishing shows

2/8/18 @ 12:50 PM
INITIAL POST
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

What old fishing shows did everyone watch ,like or dislike.

I  remember watching Billy Westmoreland's fishing diary, Tony Dean and bunch of other shows.

Displaying 31 to 45 of 53 posts
2/10/18 @ 2:39 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

I remember as a kid watching curt goudy on the american sportsman on sundays i think

2/10/18 @ 2:20 PM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

There was the bass professor Doug Hannon, Tom Manns show, Orlando Wilson.   The early shows with the Al and Ron Linder,now all the Linder's are involved with the show.

2/10/18 @ 1:40 PM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

that spinnerbait  might be more suited for muskies.    I remember Earl Gillespies show.     There was a local show Roger Stack from R and R sports in Cudahy,I remember him doing a lot of trolling.      

2/10/18 @ 9:50 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

I can remember watching Virgil Ward fishing a great big black twin bladed spinnerbait. The thing was gigantic! He was fishing it down in Mexico, all decked out in his blue coveralls. I bought the spinnerbait, but not the coveralls. I took that big spinnerbait over to Big Cedar lake to try it out. I think I scared every bass in the lake with that thing. Never did catch a fish on it.

I remember now, it was called the tarantula. The thing even scared me. It had its own tackle box to ride in! LOL

2/10/18 @ 8:46 AM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Yes ,  the Flying Fisherman and Harold  Einsley.  I think one of Harold's sponsors was a pontoon company . I had never seen a pontoon on a trailer before that . 

And don't forget the real old Fishing with Earl specials with Earl Gillespie on channel 6 .

2/9/18 @ 10:15 AM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

I used to watch Virgil Ward too. I remember the flying fisherman too. 

2/8/18 @ 9:03 PM
Monkeymaster
User since 2/22/17

Fishing Iowa with Rick Gisler was on Iowa public TV one of four channels we could get.

Apologies if I spelled his name wrong I rember it was pronounced Guise - Ler

Also Championship Fishing with Virgil Ward

2/8/18 @ 8:12 PM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

Ahhh Gadabout, The Flying Fisherman..........I have his book somewhere in the house, I'm guessing from early-mid 60's?

2/8/18 @ 3:51 PM
danedogs
User since 10/14/01

Stan Brann and good old Huber beer.

2/8/18 @ 3:17 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Tony Dean, I liked his shows

2/8/18 @ 3:00 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool
PRO MEMBER User since 4/5/08

bass2403, Yeah, good show I remember that one and really enjoyed watching. Made me want to grab my rod and tackle box.

2/8/18 @ 2:00 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

It was a radio show but does anyone remember the Lake Michigan report on WCUB out of Manty back in the 70' and 80's?

"Here's your latest Lake Michigan fishing report, direct from The Fishing Machine!" ....queue the slide whistle

2/8/18 @ 1:59 PM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

That's Northland adventures with Dave Carlson. they have a web site,I don't know if it's still on .

2/8/18 @ 1:41 PM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

used to watch the Fishing Hole with Jerry McKinnis a lot.

2/8/18 @ 1:40 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

What was the name of that show that Dave Carlson had, and maybe still has, on WEAU TV13 Eau Claire?  Was it Northland Adventures.  We watched that religiously every Sunday night when I went to school in Point in the early 90's. 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 53 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE