SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Larry Smith fishing show

2/13/21 @ 4:02 PM
INITIAL POST
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Perch fishing in 80' of water. Nice perch but unfortunately no catch and release at that depth. Bet the crowds will be gathered on that area after seeing the show.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 118 posts
7/25/24 @ 11:38 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
It was quite interesting. Did not know about dry strikes. Don't want to guess if it was dry or not though.
7/20/24 @ 6:51 PM
C-P-R-#1
User since 2/14/08
Interesting watch this morning..........don't think I'd like the part where the rattler started sneaking up behind my backside however!!
7/15/24 @ 12:00 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Agreed it would have been nice if they went into detail on the Siscowet.  I just got back from fishing 3 days out of Saxon and I for sure caught 1 siscowet the first day, there was no doubt in my mind because it looked like the one in the show.  But then on our last day we kept 8 fish and 3 of them had lighter colored meat.  Either they were lighter colored leans or they were siscowets and I didn't realize it.  But they didn't have the bug eyes, they looked just like the other fish we kept to me anyways.  The rest of our fish had nice orange meat, one was even more red than orange.
7/10/24 @ 9:54 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
Perhaps I was expecting too much. You've got a guy like Tommy Hicks in the boat and I'm looking for way more than how to ID a Siscowet, which they did not cover very well IMO. Larry asked him how to identify and find structure, question was never answered or even acknowledged. I guess a screenshot of the Fishhawk was nice, I was looking for more than depth and speed. 
7/9/24 @ 2:05 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I'm fishing Superior this week.  It was more in what they showed vs what was said.  I picked up water temp and speed at the ball from their fish hawk that they showed multiple times.  Mid-40's temp and 1.7 - 1.9mph.  I was pausing it so I could read it better lol.

Also type of lakers to throw back.  I caught a siscowet once and didn't realize it, totally gross.  Saw they threw one back saying it was no good and described its features.  I think they called it a fat or fatty.  I know the good ones are referred to as leans.

They also talked about spoons at the beginning a little bit but it wasn't all that special.  I was more so looking at the spoons as they caught the fish.
7/9/24 @ 1:36 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
The title on his latest video (Lake Superior) said "Tips and Tricks" right in the title. Can someone tell me what tip or tick was given in that Video? I think use a snap and a swivel above it was the only tip in the whole show. Earth shattering information Larry.
5/26/24 @ 9:49 AM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
He gets to fish and hunt 365.  Seems he's doing something right.  
5/6/24 @ 3:38 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11
Smith sucks.  Watched 10 min so.e yr back.  All I could take 
5/4/24 @ 11:39 PM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18
Hey FF that’s a question that begs an answer
5/3/24 @ 9:50 AM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
And people keep watching. ​ so who's more goofy?
4/22/24 @ 10:36 PM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18
What ever happened to the days when Gillespie had the goofiest fishing show?Smith blows him away.
4/22/24 @ 12:40 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
​Bug Zapper Larry explain it once in one show that the hat distracts the fish when they're approaching it to the net.  Something about it stays away from the hat and that's then where they net the fish?  Don't know if I have that exactly correct or not, but i remember him explaining it once.  One other time though, way back, I think he mentioned something about not having a net sponsor so he put a bunch of stuff on the net, so who knows if the ​"hat trick" is actually true or not.  Anyone else try it?
4/8/24 @ 8:51 AM
Shad
User since 8/27/01
Agree with previous poster, if you do not like the show change the channel and do not support the person.  Also, if you are a business or outfitter that this person wants you to support, simply say NO or GO AWAY, and I hope our paths do not cross again!  Cheers
4/7/24 @ 8:12 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02
I just don't understand the dislikes of The Larry Smith show?
Maybe I'm just naive. Please inform me & others why you DON'T care for him or his show.
Just trying to get honest feelings, reasons, feedback. 
Thank you, 
Randy McArthur: Big Mac 
4/7/24 @ 8:31 AM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18
The Larry Smith show without Larry that’s a good concept take the skunk and the net hat too.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 118 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE