SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Larry Smith fishing show

2/13/21 @ 4:02 PM
INITIAL POST
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Perch fishing in 80' of water. Nice perch but unfortunately no catch and release at that depth. Bet the crowds will be gathered on that area after seeing the show.

Displaying 30 to 44 of 108 posts
4/11/23 @ 1:45 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15
I believe it was just upstream of Petenwell
4/6/23 @ 5:24 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
little stinker!!
4/2/23 @ 7:07 PM
Mirroman
Mirroman
User since 3/29/22
Anyone know the stretch of the Wisconsin River they were fishing on this week's show?
3/18/23 @ 9:30 AM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18
Todays show mysteriously cut off at the end of the show. Was it an intentional thing because of content was it just bad editing? 
3/12/23 @ 10:29 AM
Mirroman
Mirroman
User since 3/29/22
Larry must have been slumming it in the Dells last week.
Larry Smith fishing show photo by Mirroman
3/10/23 @ 8:37 AM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/15/08
Bow hunting guy (I assume you are a bowhunter) I’ll give up my depthfinder/GPS/Livescope when you give up your trail cameras, elevated stands, and compound or crossbow. 
3/3/23 @ 4:08 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18
Fish fillet, that sounds great in theory, but I believe it is more complicated. Bag limits, tag allocations, etc. are based on a certain percentage of people being unsuccessful. 

Every outdoor pursuit is getting exponentially easier for more people to be successful. The massive new influx of people, paired with better technology and better equipment in general puts a new strain on a finite resource. As I said before, go nuts with technology if you wish, but in my humble opinion you should be on a catch and release program if you don’t put a jig in the water until you see a fish on a screen.  
3/2/23 @ 2:20 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
Bowhunting guy, isn't that why there are bag limits that protect the resource?
3/1/23 @ 3:12 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15
Back when Larry used to be on John's show I used to scream at the tv to shut up and let Larry talk.  Seemed like he usually had some good information to impart.  Now I wish they would both shut up and let the others talk. I do watch both because they are local and still more interesting than 95% of the garbage playing.  
2/28/23 @ 8:10 PM
surf n turf
PRO MEMBER User since 1/31/07
As soon as I saw that skunk at the bait shop I changed channels. Just stupid imo.
2/28/23 @ 6:25 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
Mac, you mean light years behind. Hold on to your hinney.
2/28/23 @ 5:29 PM
mac da gaff
mac da gaff
PRO MEMBER User since 9/23/01
mrduck,

You must have been sprayed by a skunk in your youth. I'm certain Larry wouldn't mind if you watched Gillespe's show instead of his.... Johns constant banter and lack of fishing skills are the reason I no longer tape his show.

If it was not for all the guides hired by JG he would have never made it..... as far as Larry's show is concerned it is light years beyond the alternative.
2/28/23 @ 5:05 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
The sunk is still on. What the H. Get that smelly thing off. This is a fishing show. Not !!!!!
2/22/23 @ 4:25 PM
Bug zapper 2
User since 10/7/18
That skunk is becoming a commentary on this show it stinks!
2/22/23 @ 4:05 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07
Ya it definitely changed my mind on ever going on a walleye or whitefish trip with Lonnie. If I ever go up that way it would be with a different guide. I dont know why they would post a video on this promoting what happened.

Larry says some stupid sh*t, but driving a full size truck on 10 inches of ice - come on guy. Ya 10 inches could support a truck, but there are always spots that have a little less. I like a good 16-18 inches myself which is more than enough, but should cover those spots that have a little less ice. Hopefully no one takes his advice on this.
Displaying 30 to 44 of 108 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE