SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Wisconsin Badgers

3/26/04 @ 4:37 PM
INITIAL POST
Troutnut
User since 1/7/02
I would like to start this thread up again for anyone who is interested in discussing the Badgers. In the future, I hope that the moderators will remove posts from antagonistic people, rather than removing this thread all together. Otherwise, antagonists will be able to remove any thread they want to. So, let's keep things good natured and civil when we talk about the Badgers.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 12,119 posts
4/18/24 @ 3:56 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Gard has lost control of the UW mens basketball program.  Sigh.

It was a good run with Bennett, Ryan, and Gard, but I'm afraid it's over........
4/18/24 @ 3:52 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Chuckie Hepburn now in the portal. Fiddler delayed his announcement, doubt he’s coming to Wisconsin…wonder if they are going to be a package deal together, at a school not named Wisconsin. ​Good friends from what I’ve read.

4/14/24 @ 10:54 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Frankie Fidler announcing tomorrow. Huge transfer target for UW. 
4/5/24 @ 12:01 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
It’s amazing how quickly the NIL and the lax transfer rules have changed the landscape of college basketball. I don’t think it’s going to help a team like Wisconsin as much as teams like Texas,  Ohio State and Michigan, We’ll see though.
4/4/24 @ 10:22 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
Reports say Storr told Kansas he wanted a million dollars. Kansas offered 750,000 take it or leave it. He left it.
4/4/24 @ 9:55 AM
cm1234
User since 8/3/12
Z, the last baseball game I watched was when McGuire broke the HR record. Haven't followed since then. I could tell you one guy who plays for milwaukee, and thats about it. It's just so boring. Now, when the juice heads were hitting 70 homers a year, I could watch it. But now, I would rather watch golf, and i hate golf LOL.
4/3/24 @ 1:37 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
CM…You must not follow baseball too closely. There’s been more changes to the game than probably any other sport played professionally.   
4/3/24 @ 12:34 PM
cm1234
User since 8/3/12
There's nothing wrong with the transfer portal or NIL. For decades these schools and the ncaa made hundreds of millions, possibly billions, off the backs of these kids, yet if a kid was bought a dinner on a recruiting trip he or she was penalized for it. It's about time these kids can make some money while in college. They are the ones risking career ending, or career changing injury every time they suit up, not some nerd in a suit. If the old guard of coaches can't adapt, then move on.

If you wanna stay stuck in the 60's, be a baseball fan, otherwise enjoy watching these kids play, and be compensated for doing it.
4/3/24 @ 12:00 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Looking back on the men’s basketball season. Success or not? It’s really hard for me to know how to measure success. Is it just the tournament play? Big Ten play? Or overall?
NC State had a losing record in the ACC. Nine and 11. Played really bad at times. Yet, their season is success right now? Is it? 
3/29/24 @ 5:18 PM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
Badgers men's hockey team playing Quinnipiac in NCAA tournament. Unfortunately they look godawful. Lucky to only be down 1-0 after the first period. 
3/28/24 @ 6:42 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
If Storr doesn't go NBA this will be his 7th school in his last 7 years playing basketball.Yalden will be his 5th school 
3/28/24 @ 6:10 PM
panks
User since 10/22/08
Skilled players leaving the program is no surprise.  Madison has money, but a mid level program.  My opinion only.
3/28/24 @ 5:10 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
This transfer portal NIL nonsense isn't sustainable.  The major college sports already were barely competitive with 90% of teams having no chance of winning a championship. Now throwing unlimited $$around will be the final nail in the coffin. College sports were already sleezy enough and filled with corruption,  this will be a whole new level now. Really getting hard to care about watching it much longer. 
3/28/24 @ 4:05 PM
BarDown
BarDown
User since 3/9/19
I can’t imagine being a college coach in this world. Your roster is like a carousel every year. I can totally understand when a guy like the Packers new DC said one of the factors in his decision to leave his head coaching position was not having to deal with the portal anymore. 
3/28/24 @ 3:49 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
A star player on the Oakland Basketball Team that upset Kentucky is in the transfer portal and his old coach is saying he will get near $315,00 for name image likeness payments with a new school. College sports are in a mess.
Displaying 16 to 30 of 12,119 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE