SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Wisconsin Badgers

3/26/04 @ 4:37 PM
INITIAL POST
Troutnut
User since 1/7/02
I would like to start this thread up again for anyone who is interested in discussing the Badgers. In the future, I hope that the moderators will remove posts from antagonistic people, rather than removing this thread all together. Otherwise, antagonists will be able to remove any thread they want to. So, let's keep things good natured and civil when we talk about the Badgers.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 12,119 posts
3/23/24 @ 8:50 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Jumpsteady they got a 5 seed due to strength of their schedule. They had one of the toughest schedules in the NCAA and beat some real good teams. They also struggled at times this year, so I'd understand why you'd think they deserved a lower seed (higher number). Still, last night was pathetic. They couldn't shoot, couldn't get rebounds and let the other team run all over them, even though the other team didn't have their best game either. Key to the loss I think was when (and I don't remember his name) missed that layup that would've put them to within 4 points instead the other team grabbed the rebound and got a quick 3 to put them ahead by 9. Badgers never recovered after that. 
3/23/24 @ 8:16 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
Was this team worth a 5 seed then?
I thought this was a 7 seed with those 12 loses.
3/23/24 @ 5:35 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but with the NIL and transfer portal be happy with the talent we got. It isn't going to get much better. And to do as well as we have year after year with said talent speaks positively to Gards abilities to coach. He isn't the one who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn or turning the ball over all night. It was a bad match up, completely opposite style from what Wisconsin likes to play.
3/23/24 @ 12:11 AM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21
Agree 100% Tito. Gard didnt lose this game for them, but he didnt help much either. Lack of player development, lack of getting the team prepared for games over and over which leads to inconsistent play, and inability to recruit talent are why I'd like to see a change. WI hasn't played in the 2nd weekend since 2017. How do you go from beating Purdue and running with IL all game in the big 10 tourney to the garbage on display tonight? 
3/22/24 @ 11:34 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04
Wahl had a poor big ten tournament and was absolutely awful tonight. Just another example of Greg Gard's poor player development. Wahl has been in the program 6 years and performs like this?They got embarrassed tonight and came in completely unprepared to compete. No excuse for this in my mind. No wonder the national pundits pick us every year to be upset by the lower seed. Time for a change!
3/22/24 @ 11:21 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Did not see this coming. The tournament can be cruel. The best team does not always win. The Wisconsin team that beat Purdue was not on the court tonight..Wisconsin seems to do well in the Big ten season and tournament year after year… 
NCAA tournament? Seems like the Badgers just can’t get out of the first weekend anymore. And they’ve lost to a lower seed a number of times of late. Puzzling. 
3/22/24 @ 11:07 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
I'm sure the flight crew will serve bad shots and turnovers on the flight back to Madison tomorrow
3/22/24 @ 10:49 PM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21
Watched alot of games so far this tourney. Honestly this by far the worst basketball I've seen played, and by both teams. It's damn near playground ball. Either way I'm ready for a new direction in WI hoops. Gard can go any time, this garbage wont change with him at the helm. May as well give someone else a shot. Also props to Klesmit for being the only one to show up tonight. 
3/22/24 @ 10:34 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05
WTF. 
3/22/24 @ 10:25 PM
OneFineDay
User since 7/22/12
My imagination run amuck craw ✌️
3/22/24 @ 10:24 PM
stuckinMO
stuckinMO
User since 7/24/03
So far Wahl is a liability in this one.  Sit him 
3/22/24 @ 10:03 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01
No, James Mad is too quick/ athletic.  They can’t win any one on one plays on offense to get open.  The Badgers  aren’t going to become suddenly more athletic.
3/22/24 @ 10:02 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01
Hey, Fine Day.  How do you know that?
3/22/24 @ 9:58 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
Terrible 1st half
3/22/24 @ 9:49 PM
OneFineDay
User since 7/22/12
Watching that 1st half was like being forced to watch your sister do a pole dance. 
Displaying 61 to 75 of 12,119 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE