SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Vegetable Garden

6/30/04 @ 1:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Paladin
User since 6/15/01
Who's got one ? what are you growing ? and how's it coming along? Mine consists of sweet corn , cabbage , brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli ,cucumbers, zucchini, peas, tomatoes , peppers , acorn squash, pumpkins, and assorted spices. The cold wet weather hasn't been very conducive to good growth so far for me. But with warmer weather in the forecast things should turn out. I hope those of you growing fair better.

Displaying 71 to 80 of 8,504 posts
4/10/24 @ 11:02 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
One bucket done six more to go today. One watered and saturated.
Vegetable Garden photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
4/10/24 @ 9:57 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Pepper seedlings I planted last week are mostly up. Some I planted almost a month ago haven't emerged yet. Sometimes it takes several weeks, other times the seeds just don't germinate for whatever reason. Time to do my jalapeno seeds in the next few days. I've found they grow faster than the cayenne peppers, which I have my lowest germination rates on every year. I haven't started any tomatoes yet either but I will soon. I want to get those in the ground at a smaller size this year. And cherry tomatoes just grow too fast - those only need 4 weeks before planting outside to grow.
4/9/24 @ 7:10 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
So we roasted and froze some onions this year to put on sandwiches. They are excellent. They do not look the best these ones pictured here are still frozen. All we did is put them in plastic soup containers let them thaw on a sandwich for the next day, and they are delicious. Garlic with a nice smoky flavor. 
4/9/24 @ 6:50 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
No such thing as too many carrots. They were the only veggie we ran out of this winter. 
Vegetable Garden photo by Junkie4Ice
Vegetable Garden photo by Junkie4Ice
4/9/24 @ 6:06 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2

4/9/24 @ 4:55 PM
Kayaker 8
User since 8/28/20
Planted 100 onions mixed red, yellow and white.  Have room for 100 more so later this week will add those.
Also put in 8 horseradish plants.  Looking forward to fall of 2025.  But ​no rush

4/9/24 @ 3:36 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
These are some of last year’s carrots that are still in afraid so so I gotta get this correct and spacing
4/9/24 @ 3:31 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Carrots strips getting set up.
4/9/24 @ 10:55 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Carrots and onions are planted. 4 different kinds of carrots, one I planted in a grow bag. We'll see how that goes but if BMR can grow them in a bucket I'm sure they'll grow in a grow bag.

Challenge accepted FLM! The carrot contest begins.
4/9/24 @ 10:30 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Getting some dirt ready for carrots to go in.
Displaying 71 to 80 of 8,504 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE