MORE
General Discussion

The cat thread

1/29/08 @ 1:03 PM
INITIAL POST
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
User since 5/3/07
There is a whole forum for dogs. Let's have this thread for house cats. We have one in the house. We have never cared for dogs and have always had cats. Anyone else the same way?
Displaying 21 to 30 of 1,367 posts
3/23/24 @ 4:11 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Never easy Eyes. Thinking about the good times is the ticket. 
3/23/24 @ 3:21 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
Sorry you lost your lap buddy. They always seem to leave to soon.
3/23/24 @ 2:08 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10
Oh Eyesman so sorry to hear about your fur baby !!! Our deepest condolences to you  
3/23/24 @ 2:08 PM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16
Sorry about your buddy, we are all grieving with you, it's hard to lose a good friend
3/23/24 @ 2:00 PM
setterjack
setterjack
PRO MEMBER User since 1/18/07
Eyesman, so sorry for your loss. Our Furry Friends mean soo much to us. We all feel your pain. Hang in there..
3/23/24 @ 10:21 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
It’s like a nature show right outside my window this morning as I lost count at 29 FAT Robins eating  the dried  berries off my trees. My cat is in heaven watching all this . 
Decide to check LL and there you are Eyesman with your heartfelt, stunning tribute to your old buddy. Only consolation I can offer  is to remember the good days, don’t dwell on the battle with the illness. Treasure the great warm memories and  DO  go get another kitty as soon as you are finished greiving. Any questions anout that go back on this thread to Ice Queens saga with Remy, and how her mood has improved since the arrival of new kitten. 
As a responsible pet owner you know how many cats are in shelters awaiting a caring home like you can give. All the best to you and  know you did all you could for Tippy. Peace
3/23/24 @ 10:10 AM
frenchbrit
frenchbrit
User since 7/24/01
Eyesman- So sorry for your loss.
3/23/24 @ 10:05 AM
snagger54
snagger54
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/14
Eyesman , sorry for your loss of tippy !
3/23/24 @ 9:54 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
One morning some 12 years ago I was headed from the house to my shop to get the tool truck and head to work. I was greeted by a gray cat with white paws, a white patch on the chest and a white tip on the tail. He was there again in the evening and most days over the next couple weeks, well a soft heart brought him into the house and I soon had a buddy, Tippy. He acclimated to the two cats we had already. He would sleep on my lap, between my knees on the recliner footrest or somewhere next to me at bedtime. He would rarely give my wife the time of day unless she had some food to share and then only to get some treats then back on my lap. Before Christmas I mentioned to my wife that Tippy was looking old. About 4 weeks ago he began losing interest in food, 3 weeks ago he became more lethargic and recluse not wanting lap time or attention. 2 weeks ago took him to the vet as he quit eating. An exam and blood work showed nothing. A week later a follow up with an X-ray showed what the vet thought was an infection in the chest area. Antibiotics and a fluid injection for dehydration. Could not get him to eat and he became even more lethargic and reclusive. Back to the vet and another X-ray showed that what was thought to be an infection was actually a fast growing tumor that now encompasses the heart, compressed the lungs by 1/3 and likely had been restricting his esophagus causing him to not be able to eat. His breathing had became shallow and labored and was again dehydrated. Vet said there wasn’t a surgical option that could help. He couldn’t eat for a while and now couldn’t even get fluids in. It was evident he was starting to suffer so I had to make that dreadful decision so many pet owners have had to and send him to a peaceful place. Bye Tippy. 
The cat thread photo by eyesman
3/23/24 @ 9:04 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
These two bobcats were fighting this morning. Hissing and growling like you’re at the zoo. Each having a shot to fight from the bag.
The cat thread photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
The cat thread photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Displaying 21 to 30 of 1,367 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE