MORE
General Discussion

College hoops

1/16/21 @ 9:12 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I thought a thread existed but I couldn’t find it. So here’s to starting another one.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 225 posts
4/8/24 @ 10:08 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Seems like not a lot of close games from the Elite 8 and in… ugh! 
4/6/24 @ 7:39 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Big 10 back in the title game! Congrats Purdue! 
4/6/24 @ 6:16 PM
surf n turf
PRO MEMBER User since 1/31/07
Pretty crazy iowa game. Ice cold start. Turnovers,  missed lay ups. 2nd half was different team. Shakey call at the end but could have went either way. Imo. Sunday game should be spectacular.  Iowa for the win! But South Carolina pretty impressive. Women dominated sports this weekend. Women amateur golf championship great finish also.
4/3/24 @ 2:09 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
Nobody seems to mind that LeBron is constantly whining to the officials... B Lopez too for that matter.
4/3/24 @ 1:54 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
According to ESPN, Monday’s IOWA/LSU game averaged 12.3 million viewers to make it the most-watched college basketball game ever (men and women) on ESPN platforms. It was also the most-watched women’s basketball game on record.
To put that figure into perspective, the NBA Finals — which aired on the more accessible ABC — averaged 11.64 million viewers. The 2023 World Series averaged 9.08 million viewers on Fox and didn’t have a single game average more than 12 million viewers. So, yeah, this was an incredible number for ESPN.

Similar to the fact folks are commenting on the Iowa/LSU game on LL, the whole nation had an interest in the match-up with Clark/Reese and the two teams. Pretty impressive the game had more viewers than the World Series or NBA Finals. Really helps to put women's basketball on the map.   
4/3/24 @ 12:27 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
I’m with you Hockeyguy. I’m not a fan of Reese either and I think she is pretty low class for the way she treats the opposing team and their coaches. Her post game interview was a joke. She cried about all the negative comments made about her and played the victim. If you’re going to dish it out, you better be able to take it.

As far as CC being a whiner, I don’t think it takes away from her exceptional talent or casts much negativity on her character. She’s one of the highest rated NIL female athletes ever and it certainly doesn’t seem to tarnish her reputation. We all know quite a few star players in every sport that expect perfection from everyone and let themselves be heard. Girls sports in general have a tendency to have players who are more emotional.
4/3/24 @ 11:16 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
There's also video of her dad yelling at her to shut up and play lol. 
Like many, I don't watch basketball, and even less women's basketball. That said, I knew this would be good entertainment and was able to tune in during the 3rd, just in time to see CC drop a 3 from way out. Followed by another one. And another one. And even better than seeing her do well was seeing Angel Reese go stone cold and eventually fouling out. I am not a fan. Nothing to do with her trash talking or the you can't see me move she did last year (I honestly found that funny), but the examples of the chippy behavior on the court (pulling hair the most egregious one) liken her to Grayson Allen lol.
4/2/24 @ 9:07 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05
Regardless, she is a great player and she is good for the game of basketball. 
4/2/24 @ 5:18 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
I also noticed that about Clark a couple of games back when she puts her palms up asking for a call after every miss! Not cool in my eyes!
4/1/24 @ 8:03 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac

4/1/24 @ 7:57 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
I don't watch women's basketball but tuned into this one. I've been reading about how Clark has become a big whiner on the court and it looks absolutely true. After any play she doesn't score she is throwing her arms up at the official or her teammates.  She is a great player, but don't like the look she gives off.
4/1/24 @ 5:44 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
NCAA girls basketball tournament game at 6:00 tonight on ESPN. Rematch of the 2023 National Championship game between LSU and Iowa with Caitlin Clark going against Angel Reese. 
4/1/24 @ 4:54 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Edy is a 300# man also. May not be safe under the hoop!
3/31/24 @ 7:04 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
NC State gonna be a tough out for Purdue. Big man Burnes goes about 300 pounds,will give Edy trouble imo!
3/31/24 @ 6:45 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
Nothing makes me happier than watching Duke lose!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 225 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE