MORE
General Discussion

College hoops

1/16/21 @ 9:12 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I thought a thread existed but I couldn’t find it. So here’s to starting another one.

Displaying 31 to 45 of 225 posts
3/24/24 @ 9:53 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
First round was so much better than this second round. More games to flip between in case you had a stinker and more wildness it seemed. Second round really went like it was “supposed to” for must games. 
The cream has risen to the top. 
Isn’t it funny how Wisconsin beats Purdue last weekend... 
Now Purdue whips a good Utah State team... And the team that beat Wisconsin JMU, just got crushed by Duke. 

A+B+C does not always equal D. 
3/23/24 @ 9:30 AM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
Draws you hope you have a coach and players that can adjust to how the game is officiated. Sadly many don't have that ability. 
3/22/24 @ 10:22 PM
Drawsbaby
User since 5/7/03
Why do I waste my time watching these games when every game is refereed  different. 
3/22/24 @ 6:37 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02
Yale over Auburn. Kentucky losing was great to see. 

My opinion only, but college sports needs to find something different as it pertains to the transfer portal. Guys are playing for 4 teams in 4 years. It makes it hard to grow a liking for a team when the best players are on another roster the next year. Still love the tournament but I’m not a fan of the transfer portal as it exists today. 
3/22/24 @ 9:53 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05
I watched some of that game, too, Craw. I don’t disagree, but in defense of their defense, the guy was just on fire and a super quick trigger.

IMO guys like that having games like that, are the reason March madness is the greatest event in sports. 
3/22/24 @ 8:07 AM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01
The Oakland transfer from Hillsdale, Gohlke, hit 10 3’s.  How is it that D1 coaches don’t know how to teach their players to deny the ball to the hot hand?  
3/21/24 @ 8:39 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
No.14 seed Oakland takes out No.3 seed Kentucky 80-76.
3/17/24 @ 2:54 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
NC State winning 5 games in 5 days. 
Knocking off Duke, UNC, UVa. 
Who needs rest? 
And their big guy is their go to Guy It appeared. You would think he would need rest. Guess not.
3/12/24 @ 7:21 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
If you have Spectrum hit your guide button, ESPN is calling them Milwaukee School of Engineering
3/12/24 @ 6:47 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
UW Milwaukee playing in the Horizon League championship game right now on ESPN.  Down 37-33 at the half.

Go Panthers!
3/3/24 @ 1:42 PM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Watching Iowa and Ohio State woman's basketball right now. Very entertaining!
2/28/24 @ 11:17 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
Pool, I agree with everything you say about Pistol Pete. I was a huge Pistol Pete fan and he was a joy to watch on the court. Many of his baskets made would have definitely been beyond the 3 point range. One more fact about Maravich is he was the first white player to be offered a contract by the Harlem Globetrotters for his ball handling skills.
2/28/24 @ 10:54 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
AJ, i.take nothing away from Catlin.
There are a few things about Marovich that I learned the other day.  He was not allowed to play varsity ball his first year so his record was set in 3 years.  There was no 3 point line when he played.  There also was no shot clock so the other team could play the 4 corners and stall the game. It kinda puts what he did in a different prospective. 
2/28/24 @ 10:46 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
Caitlin Clark with 33 points tonight as Iowa crushes Minnesota 108-60. She needs 18 points on Sunday against Ohio St. to pass Pistol Pete Maravich and become the all time NCAA career point leader, men or women.
12/16/23 @ 6:44 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
No.1 ranked Arizona goes down to No.3 ranked Purdue 92-84.
Displaying 31 to 45 of 225 posts
TRENDING DISCUSSIONS

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE