MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Lac Seul

1/2/15 @ 4:57 PM
INITIAL POST
Brent Hess
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10
Looking to go to Lac Seul, I never been there and don't have any idea where to stay, what area to stay in, would like to fish for walleye, looking for Maybe June unless someone has a better time. Would need to rent a boat. We would also hire a guide. tried the internet but it is over whelming, and still don't know what area to look at.
Displaying 21 to 30 of 40 posts
3/12/19 @ 9:07 PM
NSN Duke
User since 3/10/19

What numbers of walleyes are you pulling in at the end of June/early July? 

Also what are the benefits of a houseboat vs. lodge? Got any suggestions for on ground lodges? 

3/8/19 @ 4:48 PM
poundcake
User since 3/4/11

I've been going to Lac Seul for the past 9 years. We've fished the east side going out of Lac Seul floating lodges and Sioux Lookout floating lodges. Houseboat is a great way to go. We've really enjoyed it.

This past year we fished the West end out of Ear Falls at Cherob resort. Rob is a great guy with nice cabins. We have not used their boats but I know they rent them as well as both houseboat companies.

Walleye fishing is primarily what we fish for and we think Lac Seul is the best we have fished. We have been going to Canada for the past 25 years and have fished at least 15 different lakes and Lac Seul has been the best.

This year we will be staying at Gawleys little Beaver lodge out of Ear Falls as well. This will be our first time there so I cannot comment on them yet but know the fishing will be excellent.

We usually go up between the 2nd week of June to the first week of July. The 2nd and 3rd weeks are a great time to go.

Lac Seul photo by poundcake
12/1/18 @ 11:08 AM
Jayburrs
Jayburrs
User since 7/6/18

Have gone to lac seul the last 8 years. Houseboat out of Hudson. Last week in July. Motor to tuk bay, close to 40 miles. Hire a guide if you've never used maps or GPS. Walleyes deeper this year, 15 to 23 fow. Jigs and leeches. Minnows or crawlers. Biggest 29 inches. Northern shallow due to temps in the 60's bloated two 36 inches. Two mornings were 50 degree air temp. Last time for me. Too many rules and regs. Got grilled by ministry guy over did I eat one or two walleyes for lunch on Thursday. I had 3 in the freezer so if I had 2, well you know what that means! $1200 for a week too much. Got raped on leech and minnows this year. Double the cost. Gas for houseboat is inflated as well. That being said, the walleye and northern fishing is second to none! And smallies getting better. In late July.9

10/4/18 @ 3:05 PM
SeabeeVet
User since 11/29/17
Heading up there on Sunday, any reports or tips?
6/30/18 @ 1:30 PM
Tank 71
User since 4/5/05

We are just getting back home now.  We had an excellent week walleye fishing.  A lot of fish were caught with most being near the slot or in the slot.  We also had many above the slot with the biggest couple of fish going 27.5 inches.  Walleye were caught from 10 to 18 feet pulling crawler harnesses or jigging wind blown points in 7 to 10 fow.  Most days we boated well over 100 walleyes per boat.  Pike fishing was tougher as the weeds were not quite as far along as we are used to.  We found our best success targeting wind blown rocky points with weeds near shallow bays.  They were also biting harnesses while eye fishing. We had a large number in the slot with our best fish going 38 inches.  We also lost a few large fish.  Smallmouth were also tougher than we are used to.  We fished rock humps in bays.  We are used to aggressive topwater bites but that wasn't the case this year.  We had to slow down and fish them with swim jigs and tubes. We saw many nice fish but couldn't get them to commit.  We had one good afternoon catching about 30 bass averaging 3 pounds.  Biggest of the trip was around 20 inches.  We fished between Taylor island and Sen bay as well as the pine point and canoe bay area.  I would say the mayfly hatch is about halfway through as well.  

6/21/18 @ 11:48 PM
Tank 71
User since 4/5/05

All packed up and ready to go in a few hours.  I will have to try senn bay when we are up by Taylor island.  I'm also thinking about trying a few new areas up by pine point.  The weather looks beautiful after the rain Saturday so fishing should be good.  I will report how it went when I get back

6/3/18 @ 9:56 PM
EZ
User since 7/3/01

Just got back from our annual trip. We've been  staying near Mahkwa for 7 years now and Pine Point area has been our favorite, although it's tough to pick a favorite. Been fishing Lac Seul since mid-90's, used to stay near Hudson and even did the houseboat thing once, also at Taylors Bay. Make sure you hit Senn Bay, but be careful getting into it.  If you go to Pine, the eyes should be holding in 15 to 20 fow by then, and maybe deeper. Don't exclude Banatine Point across to the west from Pine Point. There are always nice fish to be caught there, even in August; they just slide deeper as the season progresses. We get them in 5 to 10 fow on plastics for our opener trips.  Good luck and report back. 

5/28/18 @ 9:23 PM
Tank 71
User since 4/5/05

Are there any lake linkers heading up to lac seul this summer?  I'm heading up with 5 guys the last full week in June.  We are taking a house boat from Hudson up to Taylor Island and then to end the week we will be up by pine point.  I will  be sure to report when I get back.  We have been going for a few years now and I'm just starting learn the lake a bit.

7/1/16 @ 6:28 AM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

Looking for anyone that has gone to Lac Seul Outpost Lodge on the Northeast end.  Thinking about heading to this camp next year.

2/24/16 @ 4:55 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10
I would suggest onaway lodge on the west side of lac seul. Fantastic cabins and boats.Early season on lac seul is still pretty good fishing but to get to good areas after the spawn means long boat rides which are fine on calm days bug that lake can turn ugly very fast.Fishing from mid july on fishing is closer and better and keeps getting better.Going out there for your first time will seem overwhelming, i would suggest taking a guide along for at least a day.That would probably save your trip.
Displaying 21 to 30 of 40 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE