SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Fuel adatives?

6/22/20 @ 12:14 PM
INITIAL POST
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14

Do any of you use any fuel additives on a regular basis? and if you do what kind?  My boat sits at a pier all summer and can't help but think all the hot days and cool nights has to be creating condensation in the tank.  Although i'd assume all engine makes would be interested. In my case i'm running a Evinrude E-tec

Displaying 46 to 54 of 54 posts
6/22/20 @ 6:26 PM
262 Fishing
262 Fishing
User since 8/10/18

StaBil Marine in every tank. Always premium, ethanol free when available but I go through gas quickly enough I'm not terribly worried about it. Probably not the best way to do it, but I've never had any gas-related problems.

6/22/20 @ 5:33 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

I use alcohol free fuel in my small engines. Along with that I use SeaFoam on a regular basis. This had kept all my motors running well and smooth. Haven’t used Stabil for seasonal storage now that I treat with SeaFoam year round. 

6/22/20 @ 4:57 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

Always use the premium recreational gas (non ethanol) from Kwik Trip. Sea foam once a year, usually mid summer. Stabil when I winterize the boat and I always winterize on a full tank.

6/22/20 @ 3:30 PM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

I've used StaBil for years and more recently StaBil 360 in all power equipment and outboards. NEVER any fuel related problems. I also take a bottle with when traveling to Canada where the possibility of getting some stale fuel at a dock exists. Not saying anything disparaging about Sea Foam. I just stick with what works for me.

6/22/20 @ 3:19 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Sea Foam in every tank of fuel for everything but the trucks.

6/22/20 @ 2:12 PM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10

Since gas is said to break down in a month or so, any gas I don't plan on using within 2 weeks gets Sea Foam added.  In things that I know may sit longer, I use premium (non ethanol) fuel only.  I mistakenly filled up my tiller tank 3 years ago...I just used the last bit of that old fuel last week and it would start on the 2nd pull each time!  I also add Sea Foam to my autos a few times a year to improve gas mileage.  Buying Sea Foam is definitely an extra cost up front, but seems to keep all of my engines working well when I need them.  Good luck.

6/22/20 @ 12:45 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I run Seafoam through my motors once per season. I also add Stabil 360 Marine with every tank (except when I use the Seafoam). I only use non-ethanol premium gas.

Displaying 46 to 54 of 54 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE