User since 5/11/08
Anybody else feel the same way.
Displaying 30 to 44 of 102 posts
11/6/20 @ 11:09 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Sswpriz-

A mouse free cat house lol! You can buy me a beer in spring! It works!!

I winterized my Glastron today, just have to go to Menards to buy some lavender before putting the cover on, for her long winter nap!

Still have the small duck skiff at the ready in the back yard - going to head out on Sunday, and enjoy the nice weather and wet a line. 

Next project is to start the ice auger, charge the battery in the Vex, tinker with the ice fishing gear, and get maintenance done on the snowmobiles!

Kind of funny, I’m completely ready to put the boat away and get the sleds out, talk to me in a few months, and I’ll be completely ready to put the sleds away, and get out the boat for some soft water! I absolutely love Wisconsin, and change of seasons, certainly keeps a guys interest!

11/2/20 @ 8:25 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

60’s through Sunday.  Still on a good channel cat bite.  35 in 3 hours last Saturday.  Winterize Sunday afternoon.

11/2/20 @ 12:30 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Brent, i picked up that scent at Menards, but Dang, it's gonna make my boat smell like a cat house, lolol ??

11/2/20 @ 11:54 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I was going to winterize my boat yesterday but dang that wind was cold! I'll do it after work this week when its 60 degrees. Supposed to get cold next week and more snow. 

11/2/20 @ 7:06 AM
Greg Tessier
Greg Tessier
User since 5/14/11

I am at the same crossroads you are.  The weather report is good so not putting it away this week.  To be continued....

11/1/20 @ 9:02 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Interesting, just googled Mouse Magic...

For the most part, mice don’t care for any strong odors, as they have a pretty sensitive sniffer.

Looks like Mouse Magic has essential oils and other natural scents that keep them at bay.

I’ve had good luck with Lavender, but can see why Mouse Magic would work too. 

11/1/20 @ 7:54 AM
E-Tec 1
PRO MEMBER User since 6/27/10

I use Mouse Magic made by Bonide hard to find sometimes I use in boat and back shed on garden tractor smell great

10/31/20 @ 7:49 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Yep, has little gelll beads in it.

Open it up, and put it in your boat in a few spots. 

10/31/20 @ 7:46 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Brent, is that a jar of gel stuff ? if so, do you just open it and put it in the boat in different spots ?

10/31/20 @ 6:56 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Just dropped mine off at storage, I did take the batteries out this time like I did in my old boat , that way I can charge them once in awhile before spring . 50 dollar universal cover fit quite well I must say since now I have a regular size length and beam size boat . Needed to garage space since I only have a one car garage.  

10/31/20 @ 6:09 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Winterized today got er all done except putting the spk plugs back in.  One of the  plugs broke while I was getting it out.    Theyve been making plugs for 100 years now and they still break.  Good to get this chore out of the way. It is hunt season and I prefer the woods to the waters.

10/31/20 @ 4:45 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

This is the one right here, super cheap, and a super powerful lavender smell!

Mice don’t like anything with a strong odor, and this certainly keeps them away, it’s like an old ladies cheap perfume LOL!

I put about a half dozen of them in my boat. I used to use mothballs, and dryer sheets, but that really didn’t work....  

One year they took the dryer sheets and made a nest in my Bimini top, I didn’t notice it until I opened it up, it looked like Swiss cheese! 

Been using the stuff in the attached picture for three years, I even put a couple in the engine compartment of my snowmobiles, so far zero issues!

The best part, is when taking the cover off in spring, my boat doesn’t smell like mothballs for six weeks, it smells like a warm summer breeze LOL

10/31/20 @ 3:19 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

I wrapped mine up on the 11th. Not that I wanted to, just not that many more warm days to make it worthwhile. I just park it in my semi heated garage, no cover. 

Brent , you mentioned the lavendar scent you get at Menards ? is that a sheet or what form is it ?

10/31/20 @ 2:48 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Going to do the deed next Saturday, looking like a warmer day, so I’m holding off for one more week!

Not sure why, but this summer into fall went way quicker than previous years. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older lol

4/25/20 @ 8:09 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Not too far off nif lol...

Threw the deodorizers away, and the covers been off for a few hours, doesn’t smell like anything now, but my garbage can smells nice hehe...

Displaying 30 to 44 of 102 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE