mtnmike
User since 5/11/08
Anybody else feel the same way.
Displaying 76 to 90 of 102 posts
11/4/14 @ 3:33 AM
Fish Boy 35
Fish Boy 35
User since 1/14/05
Boat never gets put away for winter. Usually always some sort of open water whether great lakes or rivers. Cool
11/3/14 @ 5:57 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
I hear ya Prov... Duck hunting, deer hunting, fishing, chasing pheasants around... Such a great time of year, tough to skinny it down to just fishing... Got the duck skiff just in case though...
11/3/14 @ 5:14 AM
prov
prov
User since 12/21/04
My boat doesn't go away until the launches get snowed in,never understood why you guys put your boat away during the best walleye bite of the year.Thank's more for me-usually by the 2nd week of dec launches are frozen or snowed in.
11/1/14 @ 6:40 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
Almost forgot to post this... We all hate mice, and take different precautions to ensure they don't get into our boat and / or motors... For years I put moth balls in socks and placed them in different spots in my boat. I learned something from my neighbor at our campground last month. I was busy putting mothballs outside my camper, and dryer sheets inside my camper and they told me that they use Irish Spring to keep the mice away. Thought that was a good idea, and certainly smells better than mothballs. Simply take a carrot peeler to the Irish Spring, and place the shavings on a paper plate, and place 6 or 7 plates throughout your boat. I did this today, and the Irish Spring is really fragrant stuff. The strong smell is the same reason that dryer sheets work to keep the mice away. Good deal for the camper too, makes the whole rig smell nice when you open the door.
11/1/14 @ 5:30 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
Cleaned the Glastron fish and ski today, put the life vests and other misc. boating stuff up in the rafters, and changed the oil in the lower unit. Also winterized the Etec, gosh that is easy, I timed it, 1 minute 45 seconds and shes ready for the long winter nap. Put all my fishing gear in the duck skiff. Now when I head out on Tichigan I can duck hunt in the AM, and fish in the afternoon. Putting the Glastron in storage tomorrow and taking the sleds out of storage - same place. Suppose I'll have to start on sled maintenance soon. Change the oil in the gearcase, put on new slides, and adjust the track. Gonna have to get the vex out and start tinkering with the tip-ups too.
10/30/14 @ 1:41 PM
Rob92761
Rob92761
User since 1/16/07
Everts landing at red wing, lock 8 Genoa wi some times La Crosse lock 7 is open in December. last lock 8 froze tight. about 75% of the time it will be open. according to Everts in never freeze. All are the Mississippi river
10/29/14 @ 10:50 AM
Down2erth
Down2erth
PRO MEMBER User since 6/21/01
Rob92761, where did you find open water/usable ramps last year Dec, Jan, Feb??
10/28/14 @ 6:49 PM
codyk
User since 4/28/02
I'd love to keep it out seeing as i just got it in July, but to many other things going on for me to use it. Got out one last time this past weekend and got it some good fish slime on it. Can't wait for spring to come!
10/28/14 @ 3:47 PM
Rob92761
Rob92761
User since 1/16/07
Who put there boat away for winter. That is the best time to be fishing. My boat see water 12 months a year.
10/24/14 @ 7:20 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
I'm glad I didn't put mine away yet. Did you see the forecast for this weekend? I don't expect to encounter too much traffic at the launch. Big Smile
10/23/14 @ 8:26 PM
boge
User since 2/2/06
That's funny.I too love it when people put their boat away!I was on Geneva today and Monday and I saw maybe 6 fishing boats between the 2 days.Maybe I shouldn't be broadcasting that.
10/23/14 @ 5:39 PM
fishs
User since 2/17/04
I love it when people put their boats away.
10/23/14 @ 1:14 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
Mine gets put away November 31 or when the landings get iced in...which ever comes first. I'm not interested in worrying about a frozen boat in the garage or cold hands except for musky fishing.
10/21/14 @ 12:24 PM
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
Live in Northern Minnesota so winter comes early, and yes it's always a sad day when the boat gets put away. I'm a deer hunter, so it usually happens in early November one way or another.
10/20/14 @ 11:48 AM
Down2erth
Down2erth
PRO MEMBER User since 6/21/01
Always try and hold out till at least after Thanksgiving... Usually have to push a little skim ice but some of my best fish'n comes the weekend after Thanksgiving, and I'm usually all alone out there! Miss(Cassville/Lynxville/Genoa, usually offers good fish'n into Dec.
Displaying 76 to 90 of 102 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE