MORE
Big Game Hunting

2022 Gun Season Big Buck Contest

11/14/22 @ 2:37 PM
INITIAL POST
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

We can’t wait any longer, it is time to get the ball rolling. 

The Dude has been mostly absent lately, dealing with life. He also got adopted by a stray cat from what I read awhile back, and is putting an addition on his house to make room for said cat. I ran this once some years ago after Shedhunter went MIA with Bold n Beautiful (per lake link rumor mill), and before Dude took it over, so I am qualified. 

All entry fees should be submitted c/o Bassmaster. Once a winner is declared he will cut the check. 

Bass and Skihog also have their own two-man contest. Winner gets an unopened bottle of bourbon of their choice, courtesy of the loser. 

Same rules as always, scoring details are in the screen shot. If you don’t declare your admission by shooting time on 11-19–22, you are not eligible. This is for the 9 day rifle hunt only, and does not extend into the muzzleloader season. 

I am in. 

Good luck to all, and be safe! 

2022 Gun Season Big Buck Contest photo by the Jimmer
Displaying 16 to 30 of 65 posts
12/11/22 @ 8:30 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

Bass and Skihog also have their own two-man contest. Winner gets an unopened bottle of bourbon of their choice, courtesy of the loser. 

I will message you the bottle of my choice ski. 

12/11/22 @ 3:26 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

Mighty Hunter thanks for sharing, great story and a very cool picture of you two. 

12/11/22 @ 3:09 PM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

Didn't know where else to post this

Was able to get out with my 7 year old son last night. We were successful. Took the biggest one of the group of 5. Almost took a 2nd one but decided not to be greedy. My son watched the whole thing. Once I shot I turned around and my son said " that was so cool dad, I can't stop shaking I'm so excited give me knuckles!" That comment made my whole night. When we were tracking it, he said he was still shaking yet. 100 yard shot, clipped lungs and took out liver. Deer ran 130 yards. One of the bigger does I've shot in my life

2022 Gun Season Big Buck Contest photo by MightyHunter
12/9/22 @ 1:40 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2

We went with mass only. 

12/9/22 @ 12:49 AM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13

So did i Win this thing..... suspense is killing me...... lol

12/1/22 @ 9:54 AM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13

Congrats to everyone who scored this year (on a deer) ........ Our season didn't go as planned, our base camp area was void of the wily whitetail due to environmental changes occurring in the national forest area we hunt. We dont get to scout , so kind of stuck playing out the hand, we took to walking thru the swampy areas, would jump a few tails, but couldn't convert on anything, did walk up on a sleeping black bear that curled up on a cattail hump...... should of snapped a pic. for the sasquatch thread, but missed opportunity there I guess, tag soup again for me, getting used to the flavor and very low in calories I might add. BMR, I had every intention of sending in the money, but pissed it away on bourbon and beer for deer camp, so will have to double up the for the ante next year, i promise.......

11/28/22 @ 8:31 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2

Hey, a couple of you only sent half the money and some none. You know who you are so please send it in thanks.

11/27/22 @ 10:58 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I'd probably get smallest buck this year had I entered the contest this year with this 4 pointer!  Thought I was shooting a doe, it was the only deer I saw all weekend and it was about 150 yards away.  Shot it with a minute to spare in legal shooting hours, it never gave me a broadside shot, so I aimed for the neck/chest cavity and dropped it right where it stood.  Happy to have some meat in the freezer after missing a nice buck during the bow season and not harvesting a deer last year!

2022 Gun Season Big Buck Contest photo by Fishlovme
11/27/22 @ 10:04 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I got an 8 pointer with a 12" spread. Got three deer this year, 2 bucks (one bowhunting) and one doe. Already excited for next year!

Update - I was able to upload a picture but not sure why its rotated.

2022 Gun Season Big Buck Contest photo by fishnhunt14
11/26/22 @ 7:57 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2

We heard no shooting really at all. I did not see any hunters except for maybe one or two while we were riding no deer hung up and nothing on vehicles.

11/26/22 @ 7:46 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Congrats Dude and BMR. Glad to hear it for u guys and all the others! Heard harvest is up 15%? Not sure though because can’t remember source I read it at. 

11/26/22 @ 7:39 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2

I had to dispatch this guy. Front left leg was not working. He tried to follow a buck a little bigger than him and could not when it walked by. Sure the yotes would of taken him eventually. Same score as last 10pts 16 in spread. Just not as big. 

2022 Gun Season Big Buck Contest photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
11/23/22 @ 8:22 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Congratulations to your son Dude thats a fine first deer.

11/23/22 @ 1:13 PM
Skunky ll
User since 1/11/21

Dude, a lifetime of memories!!

Congrats to him!!

And you!!

11/23/22 @ 1:12 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Shot this buck in Iowa County. 8 points and 16 inch spread. Good luck to those still in the woods pursuing.

2022 Gun Season Big Buck Contest photo by Tito39
Displaying 16 to 30 of 65 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE