MORE
Big Game Hunting

2020 Shed season

12/31/19 @ 8:47 AM
INITIAL POST
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

Picked up my first fresh shed of the season December 15th. First fully shed buck on camera for me was December 13th with 2 more shedding out on the 14th.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 67 posts
2/20/20 @ 2:34 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Only a couple bucks have shed by out farm by la crosse.

2/19/20 @ 12:08 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Pretty quiet on this thread....any updates? Anybody seeing antlered deer on cams still? I don’t live near where I hunt and haven’t been up in a couple months, just curious what others are seeing?

2/4/20 @ 10:22 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I figured it’s still a bit early?? I haven’t heard any chatter lately if people are seeing bucks with antlers still. I actually saw a small 8ptr today with both sides. 

2/4/20 @ 7:56 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Walked roughly 2 miles on Friday in central WI --- the snowpack makes for a MISERABLE trek. None found - I will be waiting until some of the snow resides before going back out. 3-4" of that hard crust before you break through about 16" down. Tough tough going. Really hope the deer can make it through. 

2/4/20 @ 6:30 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Anyone finding any?

1/14/20 @ 10:31 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Geez 3 matched sets in one day???? Nice!

1/14/20 @ 10:26 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Repairing those old antlers and bringing them back to life is a lot of fun, and just another excuse to play with antlers haha.  I didn't get to enjoy this fun walk as I was home with my kids but my parents went for a walk around my gun stand and had one heck of a day for Northern WI!!!

1/13/20 @ 7:23 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Out driving just before dark yesterday and went past a field with about 10 deer in it 3 of which were bucks, a spike, 6ptr and a 2 1/2 year old 8ptr. All deer had both antlers still. 

1/10/20 @ 7:00 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

My wife found a pretty nice one a couple years ago, it was the previous years shed so the side facing up was bleached. Also, the tip of the main beam was broke or gnawed on so I always thought about trying to restore it for her.  Scouts pics were inspiring!

1/10/20 @ 10:29 AM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

I thought all my bucks had shed out as of 2 days ago but had one show up this morning. Seems to be the last one holding. 

Awesome work on those sheds scout. I did a little work on a good one i found last year but I am too nervous to try and put stain on it now that i have it fixed. Im nervous i will screw the whole thing up and make it too dark. I have the other side and picked that up fairly fresh so I at least have a color to try and match but I don't know if that will make it harder or not.

1/9/20 @ 7:21 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Time to start looking! We had a pic of him last week with sides.  We have 50ac of standing corn so I bet it’s in there somewhere.

1/9/20 @ 7:07 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Wow, Nice work!

1/9/20 @ 4:58 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Very nice work Scoutking  

1/9/20 @ 4:19 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Here are a few more pics

1/9/20 @ 4:18 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Great early finds! My father hit the woods scouting for a late bow set up and he found 3 fresh sheds in the area, so no more hunting for him.  I know a lot of guys are against "fixing" up old sheds but I thought I'd share a few recent restorations that I've worked on.  I fixed a broken tine on a nice buck my dad shot and completely rebuilt a shed my younger cousin found that is his favorite shed.  If anyone is ever interested in fixing up a rack or shed antler, send me a message.  I really enjoy working on antlers. 

Displaying 46 to 60 of 67 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE