MORE
Big Game Hunting

2020 Shed season

12/31/19 @ 8:47 AM
INITIAL POST
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

Picked up my first fresh shed of the season December 15th. First fully shed buck on camera for me was December 13th with 2 more shedding out on the 14th.

Displaying 31 to 45 of 67 posts
4/14/20 @ 5:27 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

The one the wife found and the point fits!

4/14/20 @ 5:25 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Shed hunted a 45ac bean field Friday with high hopes.  Wife found her first shed ever, a nice 4pt side.  Saturday we walked a 15ac field and came up empty.  We decide to split up and drive around 2 smaller fields in the utv’s.  Wife n I in one my kids in the other.  I told the kids $5 if they find a shed to keep them interest.  Sure enough here they come up to us cheering and all smiles.  My Son found  his first shed.  It was a big broken tine.  I look at and realize he had found a true needle in a hay field!  It was the unicorn pt off the 16pt the neighbor shot during gun season.  What r the odds!!!  He broke it off the week before gun season.  Just over 12in long.  The neighbor is a very happy man!  Had to share this crazy store

4/14/20 @ 5:01 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Shed hunted a 45ac bean field Friday with high hopes.  Wife found her first shed ever, a nice 4pt side.  Saturday we walked a 15ac field and came up empty.  We decide to split up and drive around 2 smaller fields in the utv’s.  Wife n I in one my kids in the other.  I told the kids $5 if they find a shed to keep them interest.  Sure enough here they come up to us cheering and all smiles.  My Son found  his first shed.  It was a big broken tine.  I look at and realize he had found a true needle in a hay field!  It was the unicorn pt off the 16pt the neighbor shot during gun season.  What r the odds!!!  He broke it off the week before gun season.  Just over 12in long.  The neighbor is a very happy man!  Had to share this crazy store.

4/5/20 @ 8:15 PM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

With all that's been goi g on in the world. The last month has been spend scouting and cutting trails on our property. Just staying away people

4 different properties and he's all that we have found so far this year

Not liking the two dead bucks but it's happens.

3/19/20 @ 2:14 PM
advantagewhitetail
User since 3/19/20

Had a fun weekend with some buddies walking ~500 acres in West Central, IL the weekend of March 7th. Found 28 fresh antlers, including 8 matched sets. The sunny skies made things a bit challenging, but that's part of it!

Full video link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoIY8gcDFp8&t=0s

3/7/20 @ 7:51 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Saw 6 deer in a field near dark last night so stopped to look. All were bucks, one was shed, one had shed one side and the other 4 had both sides still, that was surprising! I haven’t seen an antlered buck in a few weeks til yesterday, figured most had shed by now. No wonder I can’t find any lol. 

3/2/20 @ 10:52 AM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05

Great find Hardcore, awesome set of sheds.

3/1/20 @ 3:37 PM
Hardcore-Wisconsin
Hardcore-Wisconsin
User since 8/10/10

I walked up a huge ridge. Took a second to catch my breath looked to my left and there they were 10 feet away. Got both sides 2 years in a row. With an average cutical spacing of 2 5/8 gave him a 20 inch spread. 168 3/8 before deductions give or take alittle. Beyond stoked

2/29/20 @ 12:23 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Hardcore- That is a great find !!!! I bet you ran up to them when you first saw them   

2/29/20 @ 11:29 AM
Hardcore-Wisconsin
Hardcore-Wisconsin
User since 8/10/10

Found my biggest set to date. Cool way to find them!!

2/25/20 @ 8:26 AM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

Been 100% shed out on my cameras for about 4.5 weeks now in far NW WI. Too much snow to find any though. We had a couple feet of snow after the bulk of the drop too place and still have over 18" on the ground now. I have about 8.5 miles in but the 2 sheds I found were in front of cameras. Nothing found walking trails to checking beds.

2/24/20 @ 7:10 PM
shedhuntr
User since 2/15/10

Daughter is on the board found a VERY HEAYY 10 pt  with 10 inch brow tine main beam broke

2/23/20 @ 2:25 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Saw three bucks in field, with group of nine,  southern Dane county last Thursday  morning.  Two full rack 8's , half a 10 pointer.

2/21/20 @ 8:44 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Central Wisconsin here and most have dropped,  but still a few with both left.

2/21/20 @ 5:46 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Thanks Dave!

Displaying 31 to 45 of 67 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE