SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

2020 GUN DEER HUNT

11/23/20 @ 8:10 AM
INITIAL POST
larryallen
PRO MEMBER User since 12/4/02

I don't see a 2020 gun deer hunt thread? Hunted Vilas County and on Saturday saw five does and one three point buck which I harvested.  Very few shots heard on Saturday.  St Germain seemed like a ghost town. Motels were almost empty.  

Displaying 31 to 40 of 40 posts
11/24/20 @ 8:54 AM
Mountain
Mountain
User since 1/7/02

Group of 5 in Marinette shut out opening weekend. One guy saw 20 deer, the other 4 saw 6 combined. Weird. Hitting the woods on Wednesday. 

11/23/20 @ 7:54 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I shot a small buck opening morning, I was very happy to get one with the way my luck has been the last 2 years. Our group of 3 shot 5 deer and saw probably 20+ total, we had a very good weekend. Lots of shooting around us too. SW WI

11/23/20 @ 7:01 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

I hunted the west side of Price co. and the Flambeau River State Forest. I sat 4 sits and saw a doe and fawn on the last sit. My son didnt see a deer again this year.  I saw 2 this year, 0 in 2019, 3 in 2018, 0 in 2017 ( but I saw a bear right under my stand) , 1 nubbly in 2016. So, in 5 yrs I saw 5 deer in the big woods.  I have not seen a buck during gun season sinse Nov. 22, 2009. That is 11 yrs now. 

11/23/20 @ 4:21 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

My 58th season, I finally hit rock bottom.  Never saw a deer all weekend, after 18 hours in the woods. Shouldn't feel too bad the other 3 people in our party had the same results. Couldn't believe it, we saw deer all during the bow season, several nice bucks, where they went I have no idea. Were either the worst or unluckiest hunters on the planet !!  Back Friday, I'm no quitter................

11/23/20 @ 3:56 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

2020 gun deer hunt wasn't as good as 2019's, but I harvest a buck, so I have some meat for the freezer.  Saw 8 deer opening day, 3 does, 2 small bucks and 3 fawns.  Sunday I only saw the buck I harvested, a 5 pointer. Noone saw any big bucks around us this year, though my friend got a real nice 8 pointer a month ago during the bow season.

11/23/20 @ 1:29 PM
Del Roy
User since 2/17/14

Didn’t fire a shot, but my son and I still had a great time hunting our Juneau county 40 this weekend. Beautiful weather, and quite a few deer observed, many more than we typically see during gun season.  I had two different decent 8 pointers in front of me, but they will look a lot better next year (hoping the neighbors agree), so let them pass as the freezer is already full from bow season.  Great to be outside enjoying the woods and fields with my son, hoping everyone else has a safe and enjoyable season. 

11/23/20 @ 11:24 AM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

First time in 38 years I didn't see a deer opening weekend. Not to worried I know there are deer around. My daughter saw 5 opening day. 1 buck and 4 doe. For me just one of those things. Oh well, will continue again starting Wednesday. Good luck to everyone.

11/23/20 @ 8:18 AM
JAK79KEL
User since 5/24/06

Stayed close to home this year. Public land in green lake county swarming with rude inconsiderate hunters setting up right next to others, walking in at day break, and setting their own car alarms off while taking 10 minutes getting dressed to walk in the woods...   smh  Moved to another county public, much better. Even saw a couple deer. Nothing to shoot yet, but hopeful.  Good luck and stay safe everyone!! 

Displaying 31 to 40 of 40 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE