SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Price County deer hunting

11/3/15 @ 11:02 AM
INITIAL POST
wale
User since 2/12/13
Just want to start this because I'm not always up but like to know what is happening. So hopefully there is people that are hunting up here.
Displaying 76 to 86 of 86 posts
11/5/15 @ 9:26 PM
wale
User since 2/12/13
biggest buck I have on camera
11/5/15 @ 11:57 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I know most guys I talked to that were locals thought the bigger bucks were thinned out during the past couple winters. Probably be a few years for that to come back again. They had pictures of the same bucks year after year, then most were gone.
11/4/15 @ 7:01 PM
wale
User since 2/12/13
I had three cameras out since June and I have had only one buck I could say was a deer I would say shooter. But in not really big on shooting big bucks anything decent with 6 points or better probably will get shot by me. And doent help neighbors will shot any with 3 inch borns or bigger. But I think the herd is starting to come back have seen quite a few fawns this year. Four which is kind of unheard of in the north. At least for where I'm from at least. But I still love hunting the Northwoods normally I will be the only Hunter in the woods that I hunt. Its great
11/4/15 @ 6:37 PM
sniper
User since 10/17/01
I've had cameras out in 5 different spots in central and northern parts of the county. Bucks seem to be very spotty. It seems like there's pockets of smaller bucks, but the older bucks are few and far between. I do have a couple cameras that have quite a few yearlings on them. For me and a lot of other guys I talk to, older bucks are almost nonexistent. I'd consider yourself pretty lucky if you find one. Hopefully we get another decent winter and people lay off the little guys.
11/4/15 @ 2:16 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
it has sucked for me. All small crap. hope the cold gets some big boys moving.
11/4/15 @ 1:48 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I'm heading up this weekend to do some scouting and look for some new areas. By my cabin its been 2 does and 3 fawns all year so far. I sort of judge the overall population by that, I know its probably not even close to accurate. But during the better years we usually had a couple small bucks around all season long. The past few years there have not been any, other than during the rut like wale said, then some show up. This is actually the least amount of deer we have had by our cabin in the 6 years up there. Its been a slow decline, kind of follows our rifle season success. At least both does have fawns this year, although one is pretty runty/sickly compared to the other 2. I did see a fork run across the road about a mile from my cabin. I had a nubby buck around over winter but then he was gone, maybe that was him. Hoping we find some new areas. I had one I liked but after the first year (we shot 2 bucks) a guy showed up and has been there ever since. He made the comment about me moving in on him.....I was hunting there first! That is my default spot if I don't find anything I like. And so it goes....
11/3/15 @ 11:52 PM
wale
User since 2/12/13
Checked the trail cam today got 390 pics. mostly all does and only one small spike. which was kinda expected around close to the cabins. a lot of does and a few small bucks. but once the rut is going strong then the big buck are close behind those does. hopefully this weekend is the weekend.
11/3/15 @ 11:27 AM
browning14
User since 10/28/14
I hunt central Price County. I am away at college so it is hard for me to get home a lot. I am planning on going home this weekend to hut hard. Talking to buddies and family from home it seems like rut is just starting to get going in the area I hunt. Just started getting new bucks on camera this week.
Displaying 76 to 86 of 86 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE