SEARCH
MORE
Archery

2019 updates from the stand

9/13/19 @ 9:53 PM
INITIAL POST
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Look forward to stories and get a feel for movement.  Look forward to the opener tomorrow.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 95 posts
10/12/19 @ 8:02 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Two raccoon and 15 turkey.  No deer.  Windy and cold

10/7/19 @ 5:34 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Got up at 415, 515 had 6 turkey work the beans by me.  Then in front of me in the woids two bucks, small 6 and small 7.  Worked a tree and moved off.  Need a doe or big boy 

610pm, both bucks on bean edge 12 yards downwind.  Never busted me.  Are there no does?

10/4/19 @ 9:16 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

Deer were active this afternoon!

Saw 3 different bucks. Missed 1 nice 8 pointer. Couldn't get a shot at the first 8 I saw.

Than after my miss,  & waiting a bit to get down & check,  a BIG 10/12 , came in within 60 yards (?).

A clean MISS! Glad. I hate wounding anything!

Southern Clark County. 

Big Mac 

10/4/19 @ 10:14 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

that's junk.... as they say if you feel you've gone far enough go another mile in.

10/3/19 @ 4:59 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

On a 5 gallon bucket 6 rows in standing corn on a grass waterway.  Never tried before, tough.  They cant see me, but i have minimal viewing lanes.  Hope a doe visits

9/28/19 @ 7:52 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Finally first deer in range, young thin 9 pt, gets heart pumping.  One racoon too.  

9/27/19 @ 5:49 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Buck was maybe shooter. Think a 10.  Also had a 6 pt.  None in range, 50 yards or so uphill and worked up top.

Update...So, total of 4 buck, 10 pt shooter, sm 8, 2 sm 6.  Fun yet frustrating.

9/27/19 @ 5:30 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

SE Minnesota. Set up by 5, deer above me by 505.  Two doe, browsing.  Worked away from me, still see one.  Hot out, hickory dropping. Buck now, 8 pt

9/20/19 @ 5:45 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I did call her a jerk though so maybe that wasn’t politically correct???

9/20/19 @ 5:42 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Ahhhh that’s what I missed!! And I just thought I was doin the herd a favor. My mistake,   

9/20/19 @ 4:24 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Admit what? Shooting a deer legally during archery season? Using bait? 2 gallons per day is allowed in the state I hunt. Having an automatic feeder by the cabin? Again, legal in the state I hunt as long as it doesn’t dispense more than 2 gallons per day and it’s legal to use year round within 100yds of a dwelling. Maybe I’m missing something?

9/20/19 @ 3:30 PM
MarquetteCtyOutdoorsman
MarquetteCtyOutdoorsman
User since 10/13/05

Not sure I would admit that on a public website, Sir.  I'm sure wardens monitor this site.  Guarantee that you do not want to argue details with a warden.

9/20/19 @ 5:43 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Same here, I won’t shoot a doe with fawns. We have a feeder outside of our cabin, a couple years ago there was one doe that would guard that thing like crazy. I mean she wouldn’t let another deer even near this thing. We have a rule that any deer that are in our yard at the cabin are off limits to hunting, that feeder is there for viewing pleasure only. So my wife and I were watching a doe and two fawns at the feeder when here comes the jerk doe. She comes in and like usual starts kicking all the other deer so they get away from the feeder. A few minutes later one of the little fawns comes walking back and the jerk doe runs up and starts kicking it. My wife and I both decided that was the last straw and that deer had to go!  That season we were on a mission to get that deer. We even put out a couple bait piles which we normally don’t do just to lure that doe in. Well one afternoon during late season I’m watching 6 does eating corn when guess who comes walking in and starts kicking all the other deer, the jerk doe.  Broadside at 20 yds I drilled her with a perfect shot and watched her run 50 yds and fall. I feel like all the other deer thanked me. Lol

9/19/19 @ 10:43 PM
HuntSleepHunt
User since 10/17/16

Big Shane, personally I feel the same as you.  One bad experience with that and makes you think twice before doing it again. Especially when I have one of my daughters with me!!

9/19/19 @ 8:58 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Just got in, don’t like using phone as it gets dark.  On doe at 70 yards in a bean field.  Mosquito.  Hope for a frost soon.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 95 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE