SEARCH
MORE
Archery

2019 updates from the stand

9/13/19 @ 9:53 PM
INITIAL POST
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Look forward to stories and get a feel for movement.  Look forward to the opener tomorrow.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 95 posts
11/10/19 @ 2:08 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03

Hunted this morning, Marinette co.  Pretty quite morning, about 7:30 a big high racked buck prances by at about 80 yards. Nice white rack, not following anything, head up high, would have been a nice rifle shot.  I grunted and he never slowed down, rattled a little to try and get him back, no luck. Wind really started picking up about 9:30 so left. 

Checked camera, few does late at night.

11/9/19 @ 11:18 PM
maverick_12
User since 12/22/12

Hunted today in eastern Eau Claire County. Three does came by around 10. Just a mom and with her 2 babies. Thought that was strange given by this time you would expect mom to be away from her kids. No bucks following her either. Had a small spike or a fork walk by earlier in the morning - not grunting and not in a hurry.  But I was just happy to see a few deer. 

This year has been surprisingly slow.  Just no sign and very little activity that makes you feel like the rut is going on. Talked to a state patrol guy at the gas station and asked how the activity has been with deer collisions and he said he hasn't been as busy as he thought he would be. 

11/9/19 @ 8:33 AM
redskin
User since 1/28/02

Similar experience in Shawano county did not see a deer yesterday, even in stands that traditionally have high activity. Never saw cold slow down deer activity, but have no other explanation. 3 deer seen between three of us yesterday- one guy saw all three....shining last night was really Sfc low as well. Everything seems to be holed up

11/8/19 @ 7:16 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

I hunt southern Clark County. I haven't seen ANY rut activity!

I've done grunts & rattling & nothing. 

In the last 3 days of hunting,  I've only seen I deer!

Big Mac 

11/8/19 @ 4:30 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Yeah, had a 6ptr and a few does by me last night and all were just feeding. Buck didn’t nudge or chase the does at all, thought that was weird??

11/8/19 @ 4:26 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Cold has really seemed to shut down rut activity.  Dead as can be since Sunday.  Last wek had little bucks moving at least.  Nothing now. Maybe next week will be better. 

11/8/19 @ 9:13 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Sure is a cold sit this morning, phone said 3 degrees

Only one Doe so far, all by herself.

Might be last weekend bow hunting for me, could be ice fishing next weekend.

11/6/19 @ 4:21 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Saw a decent 8ptr out cruisin this morning, no shot opportunity. We’ll see what the next couple days brings?!

11/5/19 @ 10:56 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

I am currently stuck at work but it sounds like this morning is the morning to be out so far.. I have two buddies who have both hit giants and are awaiting tracking jobs.. oh the jealousy lol 

11/2/19 @ 7:26 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03

Not from the stand but from the truck. On Hwy 64 noon today, Marinette Co. Saw two deer cross the road a long ways in front of me, no big deal. Got up to them and they were walking in a soybean field 50 yards off the road. Had to be the biggest buck/rack I have personally seen in many years. Wide and  very high and right on her tail. Wanted to get a pic but had traffic coming behind me, which was also slowing down to check him.  Talk about getting the blood boiling.........

11/2/19 @ 5:15 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Holy crap the woods just exploded!! One hot doe and 5 bucks chasing her! 3 out of 5 were big bucks! 

11/1/19 @ 8:16 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Seen quite a few again already. Tons of does and 4 bucks. Two were nice bucks and just cruising. 

10/31/19 @ 9:32 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

The weather tonight made me happy about two things:

1. I shot a buck Saturday.  Not big but it was nice weather.

2. We took our kids trick or treating on Sunday.  We live between two towns so can go Sunday or tonight.  Easy choice this year!

10/31/19 @ 9:25 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Well I had a pretty good night tonight.  Saw 4 bucks and 2 doe. 2 of the bucks were pretty nice and I would have been happy with either.  A nice wide 8pt tearing up a sapling that stayed just out of range.  Then a nice heavy 9 or 10pt that came in straight downwind with a 4pt right behind him.  Of course he busted me. Caught my scent and just froze with me up in the tree bow in hand shaking like a leaf. First time this year I have got to feel that feeling. Back at it tomorrow night hoping they come back for more.  Good luck everyone

10/31/19 @ 4:14 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Been back out since about 2pm.  Have seen a ton so far probably 15-18 deer.  Only notable was grunting in a nice 8pt to 15 yards.  Saw him about 80 yards out, grunted and he came in directly downwind and caught my scent before I could draw. Marquette county private

Displaying 16 to 30 of 95 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE