MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Rat River Wildlife Area

8/28/15 @ 1:29 PM
INITIAL POST
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
User since 5/12/09
I am going to give this a try any advice for this area would be amazing.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
2/6/17 @ 3:50 PM
Ruttin1
User since 2/6/17

Anyone who has been here know if there is a decent coyote population. I am looking for places around the valley to do some coyote hunting this winter and I know there are some nice sized fields to potentially try it. Thanks in advance.

5/25/16 @ 5:57 PM
alcrumpler
User since 7/19/09

my parents live a block or two away from here.best bet is go deep go north it wont be easy but you will be shocked whats really in their . iv hunted all around this place By far the best of the best of it is behind the junk yard its a hike but you want a trophy they are their but will tell you the locals are not friendly on that end . but take a ride with the spot light you will see study the map a boundrys. many spots of small high ground in that marsh this place you cant be lazy .also depends on rain fall.find high spots in the cattails but this place a map is your best friend the guy who hunt close to parking see a vary vary small % of whats really hidding their .Again how hard are your willing to go is the question the harder an deeper the more likely you are to connect with one of them Big boys. when i get to my parents again i will post a picture of one of my best bucks but hardest drag iv ever made to date blow downs nightmares are made of lol 2 1/2 hr drag but memory ill never for get along with alot of good lessons..

1/7/16 @ 5:11 PM
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
User since 5/12/09
well now that its all over and done with how did everyone do on the rat river?
11/26/15 @ 10:38 AM
doohop65
User since 2/23/10
Bumped a nice buck on Monday morning on the rat but had already filled my tag. Was thinking about taking a nice doe since my bil can't hunt this year but only saw a couple small does. Hunted along some cattails which can be good or bad I guess. Keep at it, they are out there
11/24/15 @ 9:48 PM
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
User since 5/12/09
How is everyone doing hunting? I saw a lot of guys opening day.
11/11/15 @ 9:55 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Fish em, I cant give you a specific answer to any specific question. I dont hunt the Rat area. I fish there occassionally and see plenty of deer sign and deer blinds. We may see lots of deer sign and few deer for 2 reasons. 1. The deer travel more at night or hide easily during the day amon the catails and talll grass. 2. Lightly used trails and trackes left in swamps do not disappear for several weeks. the vegetation remains trampled and the tracks retain their shape in the mud despite lack of use.
11/10/15 @ 6:39 PM
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
User since 5/12/09
Hey guys I have personally been out several times and all different locations. I saw a lot of hard traveled trails and some decent sized tracks but no deer. Anyone having this same problem? I hunt the afternoons not so much the mornings I wonder if that is my problem...
10/3/15 @ 11:29 AM
FISH-EM
FISH-EM
User since 5/12/09
I know a lot of people read this. Just wondering if anyone has seen any deer here? I was out opening day and saw one little doe. The rest of the time I saw people walk past me.
8/28/15 @ 4:07 PM
doohop65
User since 2/23/10
It's a big area but since it is so close to the valley it gets hit pretty hard. I have to hunt public land since loosing my hunting spot and have tried this a few times. My best advice is plan on getting out there early and be prepared to be friendly because you will get acquainted with other hunters. Go in deeper and be willing to spend some time in areas others don't want to hunt. If you have a canoe you can always get into some places others won't go. Good luck
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE