SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Milwaukee County- Carp, Goldfish/Koi, Freshwater Drum

5/19/18 @ 8:19 PM
INITIAL POST
JakeFromFishFarm
User since 5/1/16

Hey everyone! I like to focus on different types of fish from year to year and this year I really want to try and get a good number of carp, goldfish, and koi. (Basically invasive species bottom feeders) Freshwater drum are also a plus but I'm not as concerned with them.

Does anyone know any places (lakes and ponds preferred) in Milwaukee county with large populations of carp or goldfish?

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
8/27/20 @ 6:43 AM
fishinfool1
User since 3/14/10

The ponds just off of Lincoln Memorial drive on Milwaukees lake front. 

Huge Carp and huge Bass.

8/23/20 @ 1:05 AM
Archbob1
User since 8/8/20

Any secret small neighborhood ponds in the area with Koi Fish instead of just goldfish?

5/22/18 @ 3:48 PM
Snorkel
Snorkel
User since 7/30/16

Did you know freshwater drum are actually really good table fare?

I know you can catch them on lake michigan from power plant piers if the time of year is just right.  Fox river has them as well.

5/22/18 @ 3:46 PM
Snorkel
Snorkel
User since 7/30/16

Rivers edge park in Menominee falls has a huge rainwater basin that is full of goldfish, has to be some big ones in there.

5/22/18 @ 10:17 AM
Unreel
Unreel
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Greenfield park pond behind Cool Waters. I used to live out that way and would take the kids fishing there and always saw big goldfish swimming around. Not in the pond right next to the pavilion, but the one down the path a little.

5/21/18 @ 9:14 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04

Pond by oak creek high school used to have goldfish. I caught some big ones while flyfishing for trout years ago. Maybe they are still in there.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE