MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

Season Dates

4/16/18 @ 4:01 PM
INITIAL POST
Vermeeson
Vermeeson
User since 1/22/02

North and South both open on Sept. 29th this year.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
7/15/18 @ 12:33 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

I live in northern Douglas County , this for sure means most of the teal (notmanyanyways) and woodies will be gone before the season opens ! Only see mallards here when they pass through in the Spring ! By time they move south , our season was usually closed !

7/15/18 @ 9:07 AM
duckjunkie
duckjunkie
User since 11/3/08

I have always felt that the north/south boundary is in the wrong spot, too far south. The guys on the southern edge of northern zone  want to see it stay open later to hunt the last push of ducks. The guys in the farther north are usually froze out already except for a few rivers, which is most likely pushing those ducks the guys to the south are anticipating. 

7/10/18 @ 8:12 PM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

Northern duck opener is actually a week later than normal. It had been opening the 3rd Saturday of September for many years...........

4/18/18 @ 6:05 PM
duckjunkie
duckjunkie
User since 11/3/08

No, the northern season isn't much of change. 

4/18/18 @ 4:42 PM
duckwidow
User since 11/12/05

The north opening on the 29th is not a change.  Opening day is always the last Saturday of September unless it falls on the 30th I believe.  Last year I remember 9 degrees froze everything up by our place and we were cheated out of a couple weeks of the season.  Why anyone in the north would ever want a later season is beyond me.

4/17/18 @ 6:33 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Glad to see this change for a later northern opener. 

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE