MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS.

7/24/23 @ 6:52 AM
INITIAL POST
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

What's everybody seeing out there on this bone dry year?? Most smaller potholes are dry or just a puddle not seeing much for local hatch either atleast for ducks, some geese but very few and far between SE WI.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 138 posts
1/19/24 @ 3:41 PM
Bird Watcher
User since 8/29/17
Season officially done for me .  Spent a week in South Florida chasing a few more birds.  
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by Bird Watcher
12/26/23 @ 11:36 AM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
I am in waterfowl photography mode now.  This past week we got some amazing pics of plumed out drake pintails, redheads, greater scaup, canvasbacks, goldeneyes (common and a Barrow's), shovelers, gadwalls, and wigeon.  Even got some great pics of a "storm" wigeon (drake with all white cheeks).
12/26/23 @ 7:25 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
got out friday the 22nd birds around but did'nt fly in the windless foggy morning. 
12/23/23 @ 5:24 PM
Bird Watcher
User since 8/29/17
Squeezing in another hunt before the long wait til next season 
12/18/23 @ 7:24 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
good job, hoping to get out friday myself!
12/17/23 @ 1:46 PM
Bird Watcher
User since 8/29/17
Still a lot of geese around my area.  I can’t give up yet this year.
12/13/23 @ 7:36 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
they hammered um, mostly old squaw on the lake and golden eye and mergs on gb
12/12/23 @ 10:40 AM
rufflefeather
PRO MEMBER User since 10/23/20
no reports on the open water hunt that closes today?
12/5/23 @ 9:33 AM
yogurtslinger52
yogurtslinger52
User since 12/27/18
The 2023 duck season was definitely a grind but if you just keep at and go every day that you are able to you never know what can happen. We had quite a few days were we only shot a one or two birds, but also had a few hunts that I will remember for a long time. 
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by yogurtslinger52
12/4/23 @ 5:40 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
Finally got everything all put away this weekend.  The end of duck season (not counting the Open Water zone) is always a bittersweet time period.  I hate to see the season end, but there is a part of me that is glad that it does end (because the season can get to be a grind if you go a lot). Overall, the 2023 WI waterfowl season was a solid one for me.  It wasn't the best, but it also wasn't the worst.  Harvested 17 different species this season (16 duck species + canada geese).  I was fortunate this year to not have a hunt where I got skunked.  I was also able to introduce one of my SILs to how I hunt ducks and he really got his eyes opened to what is possible in WI.  My son also had his best WI duck year this season.

I definitely enjoy reading the reports and looking at the pics of those who do post on this thread.  Hopefully next year turns out to be a great one for all.
12/4/23 @ 7:25 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
glad some guys hammered um, I hunted a small frozen pond sat and yesterday and no shots busted up a 10 ft hole sat AM ice was darnn near 4 in thick more than we thought, there is several hundred geese in the area but they are robots going from the river to fields on specific lines never giving us a look. o well slow season next year will be better.

Goodhuntin all!
12/1/23 @ 11:17 PM
Drake312
User since 6/18/18
Right place right time today!! Should’ve had the ultimate 2 man limit of black ducks and mallards but this will do!!
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by Drake312
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by Drake312
12/1/23 @ 7:29 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
Nobody out? last hoorah this weekend, going to bust some pond ice open and hope for the best in the AM geese around and some mallards but mostly sticking along the big pond. and fresh cut corn fields. Goodhuntin all!
11/26/23 @ 1:48 PM
Bird Watcher
User since 8/29/17
Just love a good snow hunt. 
11/22/23 @ 10:01 AM
Bernzy16
User since 2/22/04
Hi all, been fun seeing everyone's comments this season. Griz nice to see someone else from the northwoods. I live and hunt in Price Co. Never was a bow hunter so I chase ducks and grouse most of the fall. My season started great like it usually does for woodies. One thing I noticed this year was all my jump shooting beaver ponds and frog water were pretty dead, had the best luck on the larger lakes and rivers with rice. I couldn't hunt the big Halloween cold-front, but when I picked back up all the woodies were gone. Geese picked up on the rivers and became predictable. Drove up to Bayfield for a change of pace once and got into a few divers in a driving rain. Scouted a few lakes last week on the national forest between grouse walks. They had some ringers and mallards but were gone when I hunted. After the opener never ran into another duck hunter. That's maybe the best part of duck hunting northern WI away from the vacation towns, regardless of bird numbers, sunrises all to yourself.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 138 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE