putzer
User since 5/29/06

Would like to open AV forum on the 2018 season 

Displaying 31 to 43 of 43 posts
11/10/18 @ 8:14 AM
Fritz
User since 6/27/01

BirdHunter,

Glad you got out on a Saturday.  As far as hunting on Sundays or any day which is a couple days out from stocking, in the past I have had limited success on those days also, but the key to the success I did have was hip boots and a good dog.  Walking through knee deep water to reach a island most hunters skip.  Another thing is hunting next to the property boundary.  We chase a lot of birds off public hunting grounds, but some return. Just keep your dog in control and think about safety.

My bird report for the last 3 days is about 7 hours of hunting, 3 flushes and 1 rooster bagged.  I did see one rooster crossing the road from the private side to the public at the end of the day yesterday.  Not enough light left to put on a chase.

Fritz

11/10/18 @ 6:20 AM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

Pool that's pretty lame. I agree not classy. You can call the police or DNR if he leaves stuff on the road. It's up to the official to decide if it's littering or not if it's left in plain sight.

11/5/18 @ 11:30 AM
BirdHunter-22
User since 10/5/18
I got out Saturday with a friend and we put up 3 birds (1 hen and 2 roosters) and harvested a rooster. I think it makes a difference if you can get out on Saturday instead of Sunday.
11/4/18 @ 9:12 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Was out yesterday drove to a small spot I go to in walworth county,  three trucks there and a guy in the middle of the road cleaning the birds, and I mean the middle I had to go in the opposite side to get around them. Not very classy, not sure what he did with the guts but no reason to do this.

10/30/18 @ 3:23 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Birdhunter if you go on the dnr website and type in pheasant stocking it will list which sites get how many. Also you can call your local land manager to check if they are , you can find that by looking up the property.  Hope this helps and good luck.

10/30/18 @ 2:57 PM
BirdHunter-22
User since 10/5/18
I've hunted almost every Sunday in Avon, Brooklyn, and Albany over the last couple of years but never see any birds. Do they still release birds at these locations? I'm almost to the point of giving up. I guess if you can't get out the day of the release or the day after the locals end up taking all the birds. I like hunting and getting my dogs out but it would be nice to see a bird once in a while. I have much better success hunting Grouse up north but can't drive up there more then once or twice a year.
10/27/18 @ 8:53 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Went out today for a few hours today my lab got one up while I was following my old girl golden, figures all I heard was the cackle. I think the light finally went on for him he has great energy and a nose. 

Oh if you go to honey creek  with a dog with long hair the burrs are terrible this year , painful if they get in their paws . Good luck all and be safe.

10/26/18 @ 8:22 PM
musky queen
User since 7/17/03
Dreamin pheasants
10/26/18 @ 8:14 PM
musky queen
User since 7/17/03

Windzor has waited all year for this. Had a great day today with a limit of birds.  Camping has been great. Traded the tent  for a Winnebago Winnie drop.  Sure is nice turning the furnace on for the 28 degree mornings.

10/24/18 @ 6:37 PM
Topwater Twich
User since 10/6/08

Glad to see your success putzer!! We (the springer and i) have been out twice this year. Although my shooting has been something to be left desired we have limited out both times. Got to witness a pheasant release today, always on my bucket list...

10/24/18 @ 2:55 PM
putzer
User since 5/29/06

Out this morning found af few not much shooting 

10/20/18 @ 3:32 PM
putzer
User since 5/29/06

Was out on land planted by Pheasants Forever had a great time  please support 

Displaying 31 to 43 of 43 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE