SEARCH
MORE
Upland/Small Game

Grouse Reports ! ! !

9/12/03 @ 11:53 AM
INITIAL POST
150class
User since 8/24/01
Let us know where youre finding the birds, what were the conditions, what type of terrain.

Lets here some good dog stories as well.

Can we attach pictures in this forum now?

Displaying 111 to 120 of 2,602 posts
10/12/22 @ 8:44 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Yea, kinda weird how they were following your actions.

Conservation Wardens? 

10/12/22 @ 8:03 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Another bizarre occurrence Tuesday morning.  Driving west to bird hunt I pass 2 guys in orange as theyre driving east so I know theyre hunting being all decked out in color. I dont wear color so why did they turn around to follow me?  So right away I turned around and went back east and I passed them as they come back west.  They immediately turned around again and followed me. OK so I turned around and went west again and I passed them as they were coming east again. Not sure what the heck that was all about.  Few people can pace me in the woods so I avoid company one way or another. 

10/11/22 @ 5:35 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Close call this morning with Mr Porkie.  Dog was excited about something then I seen a fat squirrel moving in the corner of my eye.  The dog moved in running fast. Before I could fumble for the transmitter I shouted NO NO NO.  She put on the skids a foot away and came over to me. No needles . WHEW that was close. 

10/11/22 @ 5:26 PM
nartner
User since 10/2/12

Just got back from 2 weeks of hunting in Price/Taylor/Rusk Counties WI. At first the foliage was greeeen and thick but changing fast! First four days produced lots of flushes that were heard but hardly seen. 1 Grouse 1 Woodcock bagged. Next 9 days the leaves changed by the hour it seemed and with some wind dropped almost overnight. Scored a Grouse Double and a old dog young dog retrieve, priceless mental memory. Got 2 Grouse & 1 Woodcock the next 2 days and finally 1 Grouse on my last day. Bird numbers varied daily. Some serious boot leather went into those 8 birds the dogs & i got. Along with some misses & a Lot of comedy from my two Labradors.

Grouse Reports ! ! ! photo by nartner
10/10/22 @ 5:29 PM
Duffin
User since 12/16/10

This is Birdie.  I call her The Bird.   I’ve had her in  a couple weeks bonding, yard work and some pigeon sets.   Today was her first hunt with me.  Had numerous doodles and made good on three she pointed well.   Watched her work a few grouse.  She was cautious; I like to see that.  She pointed after they had flushed so a good education for her and good discipline on my part.   Good girl Birdie

Grouse Reports ! ! ! photo by Duffin
10/10/22 @ 4:27 PM
fishingforcats
fishingforcats
User since 5/24/07

Nice pictures guys, I am dying to get out.

Hey Birdy ,

I was out with my daughter deer hunting and we heard lots of grouse drumming on the 120 acres we leased in Adams Co. The drumming was between 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. This was the 1st day we hunted the property. 

....she shot a doe and 30 seconds later she shot a giant buck. The buck mule kicked high in the air and ran off. She dropped the doe at 60 yards. We decided to let the buck lay for the night. We called a tracker but at the end we lost the buck.

I have it all on video.

10/10/22 @ 10:49 AM
Outdoor Freak!
User since 9/26/19

Hunted grouse and woodcock in Price Co. Wisconsin last Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Found pockets of birds in the usual places. Bird numbers seem OK but not great.  Had fun and got shooting opportunities.

Grouse Reports ! ! ! photo by Outdoor Freak!
Grouse Reports ! ! ! photo by Outdoor Freak!
10/10/22 @ 10:06 AM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

Nice work Duffin!

10/10/22 @ 6:36 AM
Duffin
User since 12/16/10

Had a fine hunt Saturday 

Grouse Reports ! ! ! photo by Duffin
10/8/22 @ 10:11 PM
WWYH
User since 5/24/16

Buddies hunted today in NE Wisconsin. Only flushed 11 grouse and 7 woodcock. Got 1 grouse and 2 woodcock. Have been hunting about 10 yr old clear cuts.

We’ll try a bunch of different stuff in another week. Have a good week to those chasing birds.

Displaying 111 to 120 of 2,602 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE