SEARCH
MORE
Turkey Hunting

2018 spring apps

12/10/17 @ 8:40 PM
INITIAL POST
bdb
User since 5/19/02

I know this is my fault for waiting to long. However when you're trying to apply for your kids permits and the department of no results website crashes and you can't do what you need to is unacceptable!! I called a CSR and they said that they're working on it. WTF!! They've been thru this before and didn't prepare?!?!? I'm frustrated! Again I know I'm partly to blame for waiting but I had to confirm the kids schedules before submitting an application.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 36 posts
1/11/18 @ 9:34 AM
og tower
User since 8/26/12

is there some sort of preference given on what period you draw? I always submit for period 1 or 2 and have never gotten it for zone 6. I got 3 this year which isn't too bad, a lot better than trying to hunt memorial day weekend like last year.

1/4/18 @ 2:52 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Yep went on-line and confirmed I have 1st period.. 

Few things in life are better than a crisp/clear spring morning and listening to the birds start chirping and hearing those gobbles cascading down the valleys.. April can not come fast enough..     

1/4/18 @ 9:37 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Or, if your going stir crazy with anticipation, dreaming of a WARM April morning, you can go to the Go Wild site and click on current licenses, and find out today.

1/4/18 @ 8:55 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Postcards to be mailed late this week or next week.

12/29/17 @ 9:10 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Very early! This eliminates one argument those opposed to the draw that they had to put in for vacation days too late to possibly get them from their employer.

Tim

12/29/17 @ 11:51 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Permits are listed already, isn't this earlier than other years?

12/26/17 @ 9:22 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

+1 Tim T.

Try hunting Missouri some time. General season...lots of turkeys...lots of hunters all hunting during prime times. Result: Hunt quality suffers significantly and access for many hunters is greatly reduced.

12/26/17 @ 6:54 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Yes. Most hunters do, including myself. There have been at least 3 surveys done over the years regarding your complaint. Every time the results have been overwhelming to keep things the way they are. 

Tim 

12/26/17 @ 12:42 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

The whole idea of applying for a  Spring Turkey Permit is senseless, why should I have to guess in December what the weather is going to be like in April so I can get a prime time to hunt turkeys. With the amount of turkeys state wide, just sell me a tag that limits me to one bird and  let me hunt  April  and May until I fill my tag. Anybody got a problem with that outside of the DNR.

12/16/17 @ 5:46 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

My outlook is that if it is something inportant to you, you take care of it.If you wait until even a week before,it can't mean that much to you and you screw yourself, oh that's not right. The DNR screws you,

12/12/17 @ 10:23 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

The devil on my shoulder says - Darn, less applicants to compete against.   

I get the schedule thing though with kids.  That can make it tough if it comes out later.

12/11/17 @ 11:21 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

So you still have over an hour and a half. Don't wait til the last minute.

Tim 

12/10/17 @ 10:18 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

They are having payment issues. They just posted the deadline was extended through December 11th at midnight

12/10/17 @ 9:41 PM
Rae
User since 6/19/01

I had the same issues, ran to Cabelas and at first it was shut down, then 10 minutes later was able to get it in. Was about 20 minutes ago

12/10/17 @ 8:59 PM
bdb
User since 5/19/02

I talked to someone useless and they said that there working on a solution and they "might" extend the deadline. I'm not gonna hold my breath!!!! We're gonna get screwed on this!! It's happened before and they didn't prepare for it!! Go figure! Again the DNR =(the department of no results)!!!!!!!

Displaying 16 to 30 of 36 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE