MORE
Turkey Hunting

2017 Bird Reports

4/18/17 @ 4:23 PM
INITIAL POST
Vermeeson
Vermeeson
User since 1/22/02

Congrats to all involved in the youth hunt. Let's start with Period A and follow the season with Hunting reports, conditions, pics of birds killed. Good luck to everyone!

Displaying 50 to 59 of 74 posts
4/28/17 @ 2:21 AM
NCOutfitters
NCOutfitters
User since 2/22/15

The wife and I.  Zone 7.  I had first week, she had second. 

4/27/17 @ 9:30 PM
doohop65
User since 2/23/10

Taking my 3 and 4 year old in the morning. Everybody pray for me. 

Havent been out yet this season but have seen some birds in a field across from my house.

Seem like they are roosting 3 40's back and working down the hay field to a manure spread corn field. I hope I can get the kids in the blind before the birds get up. 

4/27/17 @ 9:29 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

ace,

Nice picture!

Tim

4/27/17 @ 9:13 PM
musky queen
User since 7/17/03

Last night the turkeys did everything to stay away from the decoys. So set them up a bit farther. 600 am today in heavy rain heard gobbling. 3 jakes come out and pounded the snot out of the tom decoy. Another 4 an hour later danced around the downed decoy.  Seen atot as l of 25today.The strutting started early  in the woods and had activity until the ice pellets started.  I am glad we went. No long beards appeared near blind but jakes were within 15 ft looking for hens. Healthy big birds with 4 inch goatee. Seen a bedded albino deer too.

4/27/17 @ 8:42 PM
the ace
the ace
User since 4/20/14

Late report from last weekend. Got this tom when 2 tom's came into my decoys, a jake and hen, about 9 am in zone 2 on Saturday April 22. There was not much gobbling before that and I heard a gobble behind me about a half hour earlier but I thought he was alone. I didn't call back and just sat silent. They came in silent and got 1 at about 30 yds. The other one came over and pecked at him and then jumped on him before I stepped out of the tree line. I had to go get him because a turkey vulture was circling overhead and looking for lunch. 18 lbs, 10" beard, and 1" spurs. It was a fun morning!

4/27/17 @ 4:54 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Yeah, I know the weather has been awful so far. 

Tim

4/27/17 @ 4:30 PM
trouter
joeywadu
User since 5/13/02

Hey Tim T

Hey were hunting here....but the weather is awful...and the activity isn't much better...they have lock beak...can't speak...but the one thing we are getting with no problem at all is wet...we are going out now for evening hunt...hopefully we can report good luck...take care and shoot straight to all hunters...this is my bird from last year and my buddy's in december

Wadu

2017 Bird Reports photo by joeywadu
4/27/17 @ 3:13 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Either nobody on here hunts turkey anymore or they're all hunting after 2nd season? Quite surprised with the lack of reports. Even from the Youth hunters.

Tim

4/25/17 @ 8:47 PM
Vermeeson
Vermeeson
User since 1/22/02

Strange A Period this year. Saw fewer birds than most years. Saw jakes strutting for harems... not a tom in sight. Did manage to pull in 2 toms in Waupaca Co on Sunday for my buddy's son, but no harvest to report. He had a great time in any event and it was good to see him savoring every minute of the day.

4/24/17 @ 6:42 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Hunted this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Juneau county. Friday and Sunday there was little to no gobbling or action of any kind. Saturday the birds were going crazy. Our 2 young hunters in camp saw a total of 7 different toms and a number of hens. They each took a tom that morning.

Planted 250 various tress on two properties, got some other project completed and had a great deep fried turkey dinner Saturday night. A great weekend all the way around.

Displaying 50 to 59 of 74 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE