LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Trout Fishing

Unusual place you have caught trout or unusual fish you have caught in a Trout stream?

5/3/11 @ 12:19 PM
INITIAL POST
foosdog
foosdog
User since 12/19/01
Caught a nice Brown on lake Monona at the mouth of Starkweather creek 20 years ago. Also caught a small Brown on The wisconsin river by Portage 15 years ago.

Story creek caught a small northern, Bluegill and a small Walleye over the last few years, all during high water.

Displaying 31 to 40 of 43 posts
5/6/11 @ 10:25 AM
Coulee_region_adventures
Coulee_region_adventures
User since 3/18/10
Caught this guy on the Pine Creek just outside LaCrescent last night

5/5/11 @ 9:51 PM
SmMouthHunter
SmMouthHunter
User since 4/10/07
A few years ago on opening day following a decent flood I went out trout fishing and came back with 10 nice perch. I caught a few trout to but I figured the perch don't belong and there tasty. Tounge Out I've also caught a few northerns, channel cats, pumpkinseed, and bullheads its amazing what is in some of these trout streams. All of these fish came out of holes that usually hold brookies and the odd brown so its fairly cold water anyway.

5/4/11 @ 1:43 PM
stajd
User since 4/13/10
In a pierce county trout stream (pine creek) I caught three large mouth bass (4") this spring. I also just recieved word that someone caught a 23" brown trout by the Lake City, MN marina on Lake Pepin (Mississippi River).

5/3/11 @ 9:26 PM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06
my aunt and uncle have a piece of land in western wisconsin. for years there was a dry creek bed in their land, awesome pheasant hunting but bone dry. we had back to back monster floods and the following spring water was running out of a nearby hill flowing into the creek bed, making it a creek, albeit a small creek, again. we were out there one may day and i had a fishing pole in my car and i dug up a couple worms and threw in into a small pool, caught two brook trout out of that pool that day. the nearest trout stream was miles away and the previous fall there was no water at all in this bed and 4 months later i'm catching brook trout in it, i thought it was crazy but shows how much trout can travel.

5/3/11 @ 6:24 PM
inland sweep
PRO MEMBER User since 6/2/09
Caught a small brown trout below the wis dells damn a few years ago. I have heard of people catching trout in Lake Mendota and Monona like previously said.

5/3/11 @ 6:22 PM
trackerrat
trackerrat
User since 7/12/06
You have to catch it so it doesn't count... Wink

5/3/11 @ 1:58 PM
jakefort
User since 1/26/09
There are some catch and release spring ponds in the Southern Kettle Moraine. Last year when I was there I saw a mid 30's northern swimming around half dead looking. The spring is right there and not very easy for a fish like that to get up there. I think someone released it in there.... Maybe this doesn't count because I didn't catch it???

5/3/11 @ 12:58 PM
Coulee_region_adventures
Coulee_region_adventures
User since 3/18/10
caught a 25 inch northern pike in Little LaCrosse river once just outside Melvina 5 years or so ago.

Displaying 31 to 40 of 43 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE