I am now in my 70s, but when I was a child, most of my family lived in Illinois.  Most of my family and all relatives that I knew were from the St. Francis County, Flat River, Iron Mountain, etc. areas.  Growing up, most of my family (including extended family and in-laws) were also from the same areas.  Almost every year, several times a year, we would all get together for a one-week or more gathering at Lake Avalon.  In those days, I remember the dam being a good-sized concrete structure, and on I believe the North shore there was a large guest cabin located at a boat dock along with a small pier.  There was also a camping and picnic area there.  It was almost directly across the road from a large white farmhouse and those people managed the cabin rentals and the campground.  Looking at closeup views via satellite, I can find no resemblance to the lake I remember.  I wonder if this is even the same lake?

Does anyone know any history of this lake?  Or, is there another "Lake Avalon" in the same general geographic area?

Thank's in advance for any additional information!

Rev. Philip E. Evans  CJ