LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Whatcha Using to Keep Your Tooties Toasty?

9/21/18 @ 1:44 PM
INITIAL POST
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

With all the advances in footwear for cold and extreme cold, it's always cool to see what everybody is using and why.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 33 posts
9/25/18 @ 9:42 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

"Muck Artic Pros and wicking sock liners and med weight wool socks."

+1

9/25/18 @ 4:09 AM
Annes Regret
User since 7/7/11

Jigger Pleaz, 

Max flow maxi pad. Best idea I've ever heard. Well give it a try.

9/24/18 @ 8:09 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Muck Artic Pros and wicking sock liners and med weight wool socks.

9/24/18 @ 12:53 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Lacrosse Alphaburlys 1600g - work great for hunting but I found that my feet would sweat if I wore wool socks since I'm pretty active while ice fishing and the boots are ridiculously warm. Started wearing an old regular polyester sock and that solved that problem. Haven't found a solution for the wife yet, her feet get cold just thinking about going outside. She would rather have her boots off in front of the heater than wear any of the boots we have tried. And I'm not forking up $200 on a pair of boots for her, that's 100 tungsten jigs...

9/24/18 @ 11:36 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

So far the nicest boot I've owned is the Cabela's Saskatchewan Pac Boots.

9/24/18 @ 7:15 AM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

I used to use the stick-on toe warmers.

Then I bought Muck Arctic Pro boots.

Now I don't use the stick-on toe warmers.

Case closed.

9/22/18 @ 8:16 PM
Jigger Pleaz
Jigger Pleaz
User since 3/30/18

I'm letting guys in on the best hack ever. Use a Max flow maxi pad between the bottom of your boot and socks. I'm not joking walk all day hunting and socks will be dry and the pad will be soaking wet with sweat. Dry =warm. My brothers call me a pu$$y but at least my feet stay warm.

9/22/18 @ 2:02 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Mickeys, tried and true for 25 years for me. 

9/22/18 @ 9:15 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

I have different boots for different conditions. Removable insulation for quicker drying out is a must for me. In super cold conditions I have a pair of lightweight over boots; like monster slippers, that I sit on until needed. They get more use hunting than fishing but are nice to have for slipping over my pac boots when really needed. I make sure to have some of those chemical toe warmers handy when all else fails. They don't work great if you get them sweaty so they get stuck to my socks once I set up in my flip over shack. Battery heated pads are kind of nice but when the juice runs out they seem to conduct the cold too well so the chemical pads got more use last winter for both hunting and fishing.

9/22/18 @ 6:32 AM
Springing Crappie
User since 9/21/18

I've found no matter what boot your wearing its important to have a moisture wicking sock next to your skin. I'm surprised the difference keeping your feet dry makes.

9/21/18 @ 10:32 PM
ESOX--AC
User since 9/2/03

For 15 years I have worn a pair of Rocky Blizzard Stalkers with 1200 grams Thinsulate.  I wear one pair of wool/polyester blend socks.  Even fishing in -30 temps up north they kept my feet warm.   I have never had a single cold foot ever.  My wife is a believer also and she gets cold easily.  On warmer days over 30 degrees I only wear a single pair of white tube socks.  You can even buy 2000 gram models if you like.  Those would be too hot for me.

9/21/18 @ 10:29 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Redwings with 2000 gram thinsulate  with a entire foot disposable footwarmer   . Lasts pretty long and I don't move much . Usually just watch for flags .

9/21/18 @ 8:34 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Pair of basic athletic socks and then a pair of breathable waterproof socks over the top of those. They breathe so sweat is wicked away from your skin. They are waterproof so no moisture gets to your feet from the outside. I work outside and once I started using these things I could wear tennis shoes all winter long walking through snow, puddles, etc. and my feet stayed dry and warm. In my heavy La Crosse boots my feet get too hot with these things so I’ve been able to wear hiking boots or even Tennis shoes while ice fishing. 

9/21/18 @ 1:51 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I've tried products like the activated foot and toe warmers.  I had a pair of electric socks at one point.  Those always made my feet sweat and once they stopped working, it didn't take long to get cold.

I have not found a magic product yet that keeps my feet warmer than a base pair of liners that wick moisture with a thick wool sock in my La Crosse Ice Kings.  They're heavy as hell and I don't like to walk long distances in them but my body gets cold long before my feet when I wear them.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 33 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE