SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Inline modfication

9/19/17 @ 1:20 PM
INITIAL POST
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

Got lucky and found another of the small swish rod reels at a local swap meet. As with my other two, I have scrapped the original handle and rod and used my own handle and blank. This one is set up using a slightly stiffer rod action than a UL and will be spooled with 4# test for crappies. I'm using just another cheap rod but notice the slightly larger eye which accommodates a grommet. The best of both worlds,  a stiffer rod with some backbone and yet a eye that will use a spring bobber for both sensitivity and action. I did modify all 3 reels over last year by using a longer spacer to better clear the tension setting knob.  

Inline modfication photo by perch chaser
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
12/16/17 @ 3:16 PM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

Wasn't too happy with the 2 piece setup and decided to repurpose again. This time using the 28" Berkley Amp L $14.99 and a 10.5" handle, $1.50 off the internet. A 4mm grommet fits nicely into the eye. I'm using a slightly stiffer spring then the HT's but still might end up going to the more sensitive spring. I use the grommet setup all the time. Depending what action you may want to use you can move the spring in and out by turning clockwise. I use that setup on most of my ice rods.  

Inline modfication photo by perch chaser
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE