MORE
Ice Fishing

If You Don't Ice Fish...You wouldn't understand

3/30/09 @ 10:16 AM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
I'm all for ice safety. I'd say that all of us probably are. But so many aspects of ice fishing seem very dangerous to people who don't ice fish themselves. For example, connecting a ladder to the main ice on a lake, or wearing chest waders and hopping on the main ice shelf is not really a dangerous activity if you know the lake well enough. Especially if the water you are crossing to get to the ice is shallow and the water you are going to be fishing is shallow. Many people though, think it's crazy that I do such a thing. But, I don't think it's very risky when I'm drilling through 15 inches of ice on the main lake. The shores pulled away a little bit, but no big deal. Any other examples you can think of where If you don't ice fish, you wouldn't understand...
Displaying 61 to 70 of 511 posts
3/13/15 @ 8:21 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
Ah I thInk I got ya! I run my one man. If anyone wants to come they get to bring the sled and hub ;)
3/12/15 @ 1:37 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06
n. pike, I ice fish, and still do not understand. Woohoo!! Spring! Big Smile
3/12/15 @ 8:08 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
Cds, looks like you have room for one more then!
3/9/15 @ 4:04 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
I'm torn on the warm up....while the rest of the world is excited, (and I'll admit, it feels nice), I'm dreading the ice melt that is occurring. Want ice to last as long as possible. If you don't ice fish....
11/10/14 @ 8:35 AM
JustPerchinAround
User since 1/16/14
Driving past the local golf course because you know their ponds are going to be the first water to lock up….
11/9/14 @ 8:11 AM
Point Muskie Hunter
Point Muskie Hunter
User since 1/28/13
The ice is comming next week. And I am more excited to go ice fishing next weekend than deer in two weeks. Its a Miracle an early start to the ice season.
11/8/14 @ 8:38 AM
esoxtom
Animated1
User since 1/20/09
Going to Lambeau Field tomorrow to watch the Packers woop up on the Bears while breaking in your Ice Armor suit and new boots... If you don't ice fish or know a great team when you see it, you wouldn't understand.
11/2/14 @ 7:46 PM
Rifleman1962
Rifleman1962
User since 4/16/11
Chopping down a Ice heave. Laying down planks to drive our old S-10 across. Snowing like crazy ended up being 6 inches, using a old magellan 310 to find our hot spot off the mouth of the Wolf. Catching a limit of walleye off Alder creek with your Best Friend.If you do not Ice Fish......
11/1/14 @ 7:46 AM
icestalker
icestalker
User since 11/14/12
It's October 31. Snow squalls and wind gusts of 50 mph blowing in off Lake Michigan. Everyone else is unhappy. You are thinking : "oh yeah. This is more like it!". If you don't ice fish.......
10/30/14 @ 10:16 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Finished putting the boats away up north and rearranged the shed so that the portable and snowmobiles were in front. That got me excited and daydreaming about orange and red flags going up. If you don't ice fish...
Displaying 61 to 70 of 511 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE