SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Ice fishing Tip up lights

12/19/14 @ 10:02 PM
INITIAL POST
fishing4fish
User since 7/3/12
What does everyone use for lights on there tip ups at night?? Any homemade things?? Thanks
Displaying 11 to 20 of 28 posts
12/31/14 @ 6:43 PM
Meiz
Meiz
User since 10/9/09
Do those NiteStrike jams not fit on the Frabill Arctic Fire tip ups?
12/25/14 @ 6:50 AM
perch wizzard
perch wizzard
User since 1/3/08
I use the light house tip up lights, best around can see if its spinning also not easy to see from more than 300 yards so your nosey fishing neighbors cant see them, also rig a blue tipz on them.
12/24/14 @ 9:11 PM
YonkerS
User since 1/28/13
I've been using the Strike Sensor system for both day & night time fishing. The alarm wakes you up & the light tells you what rig got hit.
12/24/14 @ 3:33 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07
Light House lights.
12/23/14 @ 9:56 AM
Mad Trapper
User since 2/13/02
Nitstricks, unless they improved them,many people have trouble after just a half of season. I made up a several, incorporating a mercury switch inside a half inch pvc tube. Put a Christmas tree light in the top. hook up a 9 volt conecter to the other end. Clamp to flag wire. Very bright so if you are trying to hide, may not like. Used them up north to watch tipup from the house
12/22/14 @ 8:49 PM
jchunter76
jchunter76
User since 12/12/10
Willfish, couldn't you just put some tape over the blue tipz light instead of cutting a wire? It would get the same results no?
12/21/14 @ 7:46 PM
Stevekeno
User since 12/21/08
The Nitestrikes look nice, tried to order one, but web site says you have to order minimum of 3, only have 1 type that will fit, so will have to try another brand....
12/21/14 @ 8:43 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Another vote for the Frabill Arctic Fire lights. I also have reflective tape on my flag shafts so I can tell by a quick flashlight scan if a flag is up. That helps against encroachers in higher traffic areas. A flashing red light sometimes draws them in. Wink
12/21/14 @ 12:32 AM
Team Crap Eye
User since 1/24/09
Buy the Frabill either orange or yellow. The similar style ones a few buck cheaper are not reliable.
12/20/14 @ 10:38 PM
Fletch Sweeney
User since 1/17/10
Check out Nitestrike.com I purchased some of these a few years ago and they still have the same batteries in them. They work awesome! I keep them in my bibs pocket all season. No switches, no wires, just clip them on the flag shaft and wait. When the flag goes up a BB inside drops and it lights up. I have never had one fail. Simple, small, lightweight. when you pick up the tip ups at the end of the nite, just unclip and put in your pocket til next time. The best I've used
Displaying 11 to 20 of 28 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE