SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Egg Harbor/Door County Ice Fishing?

1/29/16 @ 12:02 PM
INITIAL POST
Jakobyy
User since 12/9/15
Heading up to egg harbor for the weekend to get away, I figured I might as well try some fishing. Problem is I've never fished these waters let alone on the ice. Does anyone know of any locations to fish up here? I'm clueless, all input would be appreciated. Thanks, Jake
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
1/15/22 @ 2:31 PM
JPitzen42
PRO MEMBER User since 1/8/20

Hey can anyone tell me if it’s okay to fish out of egg harbor or sister bay?  I walk and drag a sled so I’m looking for spots that I can walk out less than a mile and be in some deep water.  Any info would be helpful and greatly appreciated.  Thanks and tite-lines to all!!

1/23/19 @ 2:49 PM
gray fox
gray fox
PRO MEMBER User since 2/22/08

Best to hire a guide and go out safe.  Good white fish guides in the area.  Better safe then sorry.

Good Luck

1/23/19 @ 12:24 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

If you find rocks you might find whitefish. The pic is from north of Ellison Bay a few years ago. It was sixty feet deep where I saw a Whitefish on my camera, swim up to my spoon and not hit it. Be careful with the ice this year. Lots of current from the rains we got.

1/23/19 @ 10:28 AM
Fishing_Wisco
User since 1/23/19

I am planning a trip to doco this weekend and I fished egg harbor open water when I was a kid, but since I love the area so much I wanna ice fish here too. Does anyone have any tips or any info on how the bite is in winter and what I can expect to catch? 

2/2/16 @ 1:32 PM
TobyT
User since 12/25/11
you can fish right in town down by the marina just to the south of the boat slips .perch walleye northern browntrout whitefish.Providing ice is safe.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE