SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Bite indicator for people with low vision

12/16/17 @ 3:13 PM
INITIAL POST
bus909
User since 2/26/07

I was recently diagnosed with ms and it has affected my vision.  I like pan fishing and use to always use a spring bobbe. I now have a hard time seeing the spring. Are there any bite indicators out there for people with low vision?

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
12/20/17 @ 3:11 PM
GILLSURGEON
User since 12/1/16

Try an easybite bobber, very visible, can probably put a small light stick in the tube which should help.

12/17/17 @ 1:33 PM
lip rippin
User since 4/16/09

Maybe rig one of those little lights for a night bobber to your spring JB weld maybe 

12/17/17 @ 1:15 PM
fhnb92
User since 1/23/09

You could try contacting Fishing Has No Boundaries in Hayward Wi. They are very well informed on adaptive equipment for fishing. Good luck in your search. Jim

12/16/17 @ 4:51 PM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

If you use a longer single wire spring, how about 1/2" masking tape folded over on itself, kinda like a flag on a pole. Cut to whatever width  will work for you and color red with a magic marker?

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE