Displaying 1 to 15 of 24 posts
12/27/18 @ 6:56 PM
walleyeguy1988
User since 5/28/12

Striker ice hardwater. Stay dry and warm 

12/27/18 @ 2:42 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Has anybody bought the Eskimo Lockout bibs/parka yet? Trying to get an idea of sizing. The eskimo website wasn't much help in trying to figure anything out. I'm 6' and 180(ish), so not sure if the XL or the L would be best. Don't want it sloppy big, but don't want it to be binding at all with all the bending involved. 

12/15/18 @ 11:30 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01

I've got a Striker Hard water also. I was looking forward to being able to kneel on the ice with both comfort and being dry, without toting a boat cushion along with me. First time kneeling in water, knees got wet. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard for a company to do, so it's kind of frustrating. I'll even get you started Striker. Why don't you put a pocket in the knee with a 1/2'' or 3/4 '' thick piece of foam in it, for padding and to keep the knees dry. Put velcro on the pocket opening to keep it closed. Problem solved. 

12/11/18 @ 8:54 AM
BigShow0003
PRO MEMBER User since 7/28/09

What suit was the guy wearing on Gillespie a few weeks back? The episode where the guy jumped in the lake with a float suit on. I know it was a Clam - maybe an Ascent or Rise suit. Anyone have feedback on either model? Thanks.

Good info here as I am in the market for a suit as well. Looks like a lot of recommendations for Striker suits.

12/10/18 @ 9:59 AM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

Get a Striker and go fishing. It really is that simple. I have the Hardwater and wish I would’ve switched earlier. 

12/10/18 @ 9:06 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Mweisnicht75 these jackets and bibs have a ton of pockets.  I don't typically use the pockets in my bibs, but one time I did and forgot that I had used it.  After a bout a month, my suit really started to smell, I thought gee I've been wiping mu hands on the suit and it really stinks, I better wash it.  Before I washed it, I happened to reach into my bibs pocket and found a ziplock bag with a handful of minnows that I had forgotten about.  Well you know what stinks.

12/9/18 @ 10:01 PM
Mweisnicht75
PRO MEMBER User since 11/18/18

I just purchased the Striker Climate Jacket and Bibs. I wore them for the first time today and was quite warm. These have built in flotation. The only problem I had was the fact that there are so many pockets I couldn't remember which pocket my items were in. I love the adjustable hem on the cuffs of the bibs. The hood wraps so well around your face that no baklava is needed.

12/5/18 @ 1:34 PM
karl58
User since 7/27/13
thanks for all the info will be going out this week to try on few suits and make my mind up 
12/5/18 @ 9:12 AM
hardcharger07
User since 10/28/11

I have had the old red Sportsman's Guide Ice Suit for the last 8 years. (granted I missed a couple seasons due to work) It has held up well and for the money a great ice suit. Wore it for more than fishing too. Never had wet knees, never got cold. Getting older and go by myself often so this year I went with the Striker Predator suit because of the floatation aspect for safety. (made some people in my life happier) Cant really give it a grade yet but I am optimistic. I like the fact that the bibs have the adjustable inseam though. In the end, it comes down to what one can afford but the floatation capability I think does provide some piece of mind. Stay safe out there! (a little bit of common sense goes a long, long way) I

12/4/18 @ 10:39 PM
PRyan
User since 9/30/17

I bought the Striker Ice Hardwater - Jacket and Bibs.

The bibs have an adjustable hem on the bottom to get the perfect length.   Their website has a nice sizing chart and the on-line catalog has pictures of different guys wearing different suit with their dimensions and sizing.

I'm 5'10" and 225.    I have a "L" Jacket and "XL" Bibs in the Hardwater Series.

Pat

12/4/18 @ 8:03 PM
Workhardtofish
User since 3/8/17

I bought a striker hard water suit this year.  I am posting this to let everyone know that the sizes of suits from model to model are different.  I tried on the predator and hard water and the sizes were not even close.  So before you go ordering online and get a suit that doesn't fit consider going somewhere to try them on.  I bought mine at dick Smith's as they had the different sizes and models to choose from.  Also they had a way larger selection than fleet farm.(I do love fleet farm)  Another note, they have a club card that costs 10 bucks but will give you I think 5% off the cost of the suit.  I've been shopping a long time for a striker suit, good luck finding a discounted price anywhere.

11/25/18 @ 8:09 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

I just bought the Striker Predator suit today.I have been looking at them and others for two years.I thought they looked like the best of the bunch,time will tell.

11/24/18 @ 1:43 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I ordered the ice armour parka yesterday from Cabela's, the one that floats. Three years ago for Christmas I got the bibs and have been very happy with them, other than they're very long on me (size 3xl, and unlike most clothing items it's actually really long on me, and I'm 6' tall, 330 pounds). So hopefully I'll be happy with them. It's a float suit as well, hopefully I'll never have to worry about that though. 

11/21/18 @ 5:24 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Cold Front...

You either run cold or I run abnormally hot. I only break out my arctic armor suit when it’s insanely cold. If it’s -10 or warmer that thing roasts me. 

Regardless of brand the key is knowing how to layer. The “warmest” suit will only do so much if your base layers are suspect. 

After wearing one of the Eskimo lockout suits for a day last year that would be the one I would go with if I was making a purchase now. 

11/21/18 @ 3:09 PM
Madgill
Madgill
PRO MEMBER User since 12/26/01

Guess I do have Ice Armor (not Artic). I does not float but is very warm. Yikes, those flotation bibs/jackets are pricey! I'll stick with my PFD and avoid situations where I may need it!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 24 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE