SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

S&w ez questions

12/16/23 @ 7:54 AM
INITIAL POST
raweye
User since 3/10/08

Looking at purchasing a 9mm for me  and 380 for my wife. Any comments from individuals that own either. Looking for safe handguns for us as well as something we could shoot in leauges together. Not sure if we should go with glock or sw. Thanks for any opinions you can provide!!

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
3/6/24 @ 10:08 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01
My wife and I each bought a CC pistol. She got a SW EZ shield,in 380, which  the EZ part of the name comes from it's supposed to be easier to rack. I got a Mossberg MC1sc in 9mm. I almost bought a Glock 43X, but I really liked the sites that came on though Mossberg. Also reviews I read said the Mossberg was one of the most accurate shooting pistols in that category. It also has a safety on it as does the wife's pistol. TheMC1 has been replaced by the MC2sc (it's in the subcompact category). The main difference between the two is the MC2 is a tad bigger and it holds about twice the amount of bullets. My pistol can actually accept a Glock magazine. Unfortunately we haven't put any range time in with our pistols so I can't give you an evaluation there, but I think both of these pistols are worth taking a look at. Good luck
1/16/24 @ 7:19 AM
raweye
User since 3/10/08
Thanks for all the comments everyone. My wife and I have not had time to go to the range to test the guns yet. We will most likely go later this month as we have had very busy weekends since Xmas.After we shoot both I will report back.Really have to shoot both to see what we are more comfortable with. I have shot multiple blocks, it will probably come down to how the sw shoots. Also what my wife is most comfortable with. This will be her first handgun and I want her to be comfortable and safe above anything. Thanks again everyone. 
1/11/24 @ 3:29 PM
AO
User since 8/1/01
I have a s&w 9mm ez. I love it for a CC close range it's good. However if you were looking for league type gun I would pick something full size rather than compact it would be more accurate especially at the longer ranges. I too am ex law enforcement and have a Glock as well and really love the gun I would never part ways with it. Never jammed and very accurate I would and did trust my life on it. For what it's worth if I had to pick I'd go Glock. 
1/9/24 @ 10:08 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Raweye did you purchase one and fire it? Would like to hear how it turned out. 
12/19/23 @ 11:32 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Pool I am with you. I don’t trust any auto but my glocks. I am a smithy revolver lover. Good luck on your purchase and have some fun with it. 
12/18/23 @ 6:39 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
I bought the 380 for the little lady. A few years ago it is easy to jack that is for sure I would not let her carry it for concealed carry because it did have jamming issues. I want to put another thousand rounds to it and see if we can get it to clear up a bit. Never took the time to look into it much went in a gun safe and that’s where it stayed. Soon I will get out and play with a little bit and see if I can figure out what’s going on ball and hollow point both jammed.
12/16/23 @ 5:21 PM
pool9fish
User since 3/7/11
I am no expert on guns.  I do know that the glock I own is very reliable. I used to be a cop. When my department transitioned from revolvers to semi-autos we had about 20 of us in each 3 day session. Everyone shot about a thousand rounds and there was not one jam. We didn't even clean the gun until after the last day.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE