Hardcore-Wisconsin
Hardcore-Wisconsin
User since 8/10/10

Just got my pink salmon back

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
12/22/17 @ 2:22 PM
markrazzy
User since 6/23/09

If I remember correctly, they were stocked in Huron way back when. They still naturally reproduce in the northern streams, but the pinks only (mainly?) spawn during odd years. Since Huron and Michigan are essentially the same body of water, and with the lack of food in Huron, the pinks come into Michigan looking for food before returning to Huron to spawn. 

As far as mounting fish this year... There were 3 fish that I really thought about mounting. My PR 27.95 lb king I caught during SAR, my PR 14.5 lb steely caught back in June, and I contemplated mounting this buck steely about a month ago. Was just a pretty fish. All were caught out of my kayak. But I'm holding out for a 30 lb king and 16 lb steely.

What did you get mounted this year? photo by markrazzy
12/20/17 @ 1:01 PM
Hardcore-Wisconsin
Hardcore-Wisconsin
User since 8/10/10

I got mine out of Sheboygan. There have been a few caught the last few years but not many. I know of 1 Atlantic that came into the wharf this last year as well. Not to sure of they are stocked somewhere or what the deal is. 

12/20/17 @ 8:47 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Are some states back to stocking pinks or are these remnant fish from years ago?

12/19/17 @ 11:13 AM
eyecatcher84
User since 3/19/08

Awesome fish Hardcore! Had a big colored up Pink shake off ten feet behind the boat this Autumn, he would've been destined for the wall as well.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE