SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Trapping seasons coming-Lets TALK!!!!

7/26/02 @ 7:39 PM
INITIAL POST
a1trapper
User since 7/6/01
Any trappers out there who wish to exchange info? Would like to contact Brian Potter, A member of the Minn. Trappers Assn. I have a super receipt for a coon/fox bait. Lets talk. Trapper

Displaying 76 to 90 of 2,166 posts
1/7/16 @ 1:22 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
H&H, No, that was all green. The rats were going for about a buck more a piece if they were put up. And given the latest "Breaking News" on the China economy situation, I wouldn't hold your breath on any kind of significant rebound anytime in the near future. Very possible we'll be looking at these types of prices for the next couple seasons. On a positive note, sure it nice to have the woods/streams/ponds to yourself!
1/7/16 @ 12:36 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
thanks I am going to sell some green and some up. I have a few rats what had wounds that I am not sending out so I will give them away. got a small beaver up and a few mink. I am hoping my rats I send out will do good to ok. I'm about to hang it up for the year, maybe a few yotes shooting and late season beaver. but after get my butt kicked and having three straight days of pull outs, I think my swivels are freezing and they are getting the upper hand on me. I will sell next fri by Columbus gas station at 11 see you all there. BBusser
1/7/16 @ 8:16 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01
I averaged $6.70 on coon, and only $4 on beaver. I had only $1.50 for most rats, and $2 for a few others. Was that fur put up? Doesn't matter...that's freakin' terrible! Puke
1/7/16 @ 7:45 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
part-timer, I sold to Groenwoeld early last month. Sold coon, beaver, and rats mainly. I averaged $6.70 on coon, and only $4 on beaver. I had only $1.50 for most rats, and $2 for a few others. So I got about what I expected on coon, but rat and beaver are very slow yet. Fisher and Otter were going anywhere from $35-$50. Hope this helps. We still have fur at the auction from 2013 season from FHA..
1/5/16 @ 3:29 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
Has anyone sold fur yet or are we all waiting for the auction at the end of the month. I will be shipping some out, middle of the month and selling some to groenewold
12/27/15 @ 6:04 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09
The reason that there are very few classes this time of year is that they are out trapping. It is very difficult to work, run a trapline and teach a class. The DNR does not schedule the classes, the Wisconsin Trapper's Association schedules, orginizes and teaches the classes. They do all of that for no pay, as they are volunteers. The problems occur more in late summer, when the tags come out and everyone is looking for a class. The price of fur is very low. Most trappers trap for reasons other than money. It is an activity that they love doing. As late as it is, are you looking for a class for next year? Spring time is when the schedule will start to come up on the DNRs web site. I think it would be a good idea to get the class done in the spring/summer when there are many to choose from. It must be difficult to get a class put together when fall is near and they are getting ready to trap. The online class is an option and the correspondence course is another.
12/27/15 @ 11:16 AM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07
I live in ozaukee county and want to take a trapping saftey course. Does anybody know of any in the SE Wisconsin area? Are there any online courses? Very poor info on the DNR website
12/22/15 @ 10:52 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05
I am trapping some problem beaver on my land and was wondering if anyone had an idea of a price for prime beaver. Just wondering if it will be worth putting them up or if I should just sell them green. Usually ship to NAFA.
12/21/15 @ 10:14 AM
alcrumpler
User since 7/19/09
Wolf river tannery in Shiocton tans hides
12/17/15 @ 9:09 PM
panthers105
User since 2/24/04
Hey all - wondering where to get hides tanned to make things like mittens/gloves/hats, etc.? I'm new to trapping, and thought it'd be enjoyable to have someone tan some of the coon/fox furs that I've taken this year. I'm just fleshing out the fur, and freezing them. I've found a few places in IA/MN that I could ship them to, but it seems like they won't take green fur. I travel from the fox valley to Milwaukee area regularly for work. Any ideas? Appreciate the consideration. Good luck.
12/14/15 @ 1:35 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
so how is everyones second season starting out. mine is slow with the weather. rats are averaging 2.50 and coon if you can find the bigger size are going for 6-10 green. have yet to find a beaver that wants to wear a 330. all in good time. as far as trapping rabbit, I don't have to answer for you. that might be a gray area in our state. hope all have full traps in the future soakem BBusser
12/5/15 @ 7:30 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
Question guys is it legal to snare or trap (110 conabear) rabbits on public land? Snares kinda confuse me cause rules state snare must be half underwater. Anyway my wife loves to trap rabbits but I don't know if it's legal and after reading rules I'm more confused. Thanks fellas
12/2/15 @ 3:18 PM
catcraig
catcraig
User since 8/3/09
sure i will take that I like to trap them am disabled and all helps with christmas around the bend. call me with addresss or text me please 815-601-1680 name is criag goodwin. hope to hear from you soon on this.
12/2/15 @ 10:05 AM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09
I couldn't agree more. It is buyer discretion when you sell fur. I have stood in line, watched what the trapper in front of me got, then I get different numbers. Sometimes better, sometimes not.
12/2/15 @ 6:30 AM
adamelnut
User since 5/23/10
What I don't understand is how can Groenwalds prices be close to the same if not lower country buyer who then takes the fur he buys and sells to NAFA or FHA. You would think his prices would be slightly better seeing how he has a direct line to the end buyers. Time will tell and after the March sale and I might have to eat my words, but for now I think he is low balling just because he can. Don't get me wrong I've sold to him in the past and he does offer a service to a lot of trappers that don't or can't put up fur, but at least look around at all your options before you "give" away your fur.
Displaying 76 to 90 of 2,166 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE