SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Possible Scam

4/5/17 @ 10:45 PM
INITIAL POST
jnthal
PRO MEMBER User since 7/2/10

Have a gun for sale in Outpost.  Received a text it. Wanted to buy, no attempt to haggle even though would have.  Person wanted to send me certified check, but have me met by his "shipper" to pick up.  Was going to send me a check for more than the gun with "shipping charges included. I was supposed to cash the and wire the extra the shipper. Asked him three different times to call me but he had excuses each time he couldn't.  Said he was at work. I finally told him I would not sell it without talking to him and getting his name and address.  Haven't heard from him since. BE CAREFUL GUYS.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
4/26/17 @ 12:18 PM
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14

Those scams are all over, and numerous. Just sold a car over craigslist and had to weed thru several scam offers before finding a good local buyer. If they don't call with a local area code and offer there name I don't get involved. After using craigslist (or any web service) for a while it is very easy to spot them.

4/25/17 @ 7:41 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I have a set of rims and tires on CL.  I got a text the other night asking if my "automotive item" was negotiable and if so, to send an email to the person's business.  I texted back and asked why we couldn't communicate via text and why, if they wanted to communicate through email, didn't they just contact me through the link provided on the CL ad?  I never heard back.  I figured it was another scam.

4/23/17 @ 7:19 AM
CHISEL
PRO MEMBER User since 6/19/01

Doesn't matter what website you sell something on you get that same scam everywhere.

4/19/17 @ 2:43 AM
wingsnfins
wingsnfins
User since 10/5/05

I had the same experience last week, with the exact same details.  I'm a LEO, so I had some fun with the "texter"......tracked him to Georgia.  But once I started asking more specific questions the conversation went dead and have not received any more correspondence since.     

4/6/17 @ 1:01 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Scam most definately, seller beware

4/6/17 @ 11:53 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

yup not a possible scam BUT A REAL SCAM !!!!  happens when i post something on craigslist once in a while, I text them back telling them to tack a flying leap (but not in nice of words of course!!)

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE