MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

DNR customer service and licensing changes

2/17/16 @ 11:08 AM
INITIAL POST
Mossy Horns
Mossy Horns
User since 6/15/01
http://dnr.wi.gov/news/releases/article/?id=3857 Pros and cons discussion?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 80 posts
5/22/16 @ 8:55 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Has anyone gone onto GoWild and tried to buy your bobcat point? I have been trying for a couple days now and when you go into the applications area, the only thing that doesn't show up is bobcat. Everything else is there.  Bear. Otter. Fisher. Sturgeon. Turkey. It simply doesn't show up as on option to apply for your preference point anywhere I have looked. 

It's not panic time yet as the deadline is months away but still annoying. 

Tim

4/14/16 @ 12:29 PM
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10
My card came yesterday. Had anyone had a warden actually scan a lic or go wild card to see if the computers are talking?
4/14/16 @ 9:51 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
nosetofish - I hear you there. I am still waiting on my registration number for my new boat. So I'm out on the water now with no numbers at all, let alone a reg sticker. Feel like a sitting duck, granted its legal since I have my papers. The wardens won't know that until they are checking me though. Funny thing (not really), they cashed my check 3 weeks ago! WTF Wondering
4/13/16 @ 7:45 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11
nosetofish, Hopefully you took a breath or two while typing that sentence. Tounge Out Tim
4/13/16 @ 5:33 PM
Badgerloader
User since 4/10/11
Got my card a week ago & got my state park sticker today
4/13/16 @ 4:30 PM
nosetofish
User since 2/15/03
This change is a pain in the butt I sent in my registration for my boat at the beginning of March and have not receive stickers as of today I received a postcard saying that the DNR received my request for renewal of ATV UTV with a registration number that does not exist in my possession let alone it wasn't even for my boat they said that the law enforcement was informed of the errors and the delayed sending of stickers but in the meantime everytime I take the boat out I will be stopped so they could check to see if my renewal was sent in this will be a hassle because it will stop me from fishing if the Common Man messed up as much as this process has been taking there would be hell to pay.
4/13/16 @ 2:30 PM
thefishingboy
User since 9/11/04
Got my card! I think this is very convenient!
4/4/16 @ 11:32 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Thanks, makes sense. Had gotten so used to the free tags for so many years that I forgot they are putting some thought into it now. Tounge Out
4/4/16 @ 9:35 AM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Lakeshiner, final deer tag information will not be available until after the CDAC's determine harvest and seasons. I've made a post on another thread that the public comment period is now open. CDAC's will meet again in a couple weeks to make final harvest and season determinations. Once those go to the NRB and get approved, deer license options will be available. As I understand it now, you can purchase your deer licenses, but will have to come back later to pick your county and land type.
4/4/16 @ 9:04 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I ended up ordering a card for my wife because many times we go fishing she does not bring her purse or driver's license. This way I can keep her card in my wallet since she only fishes with me anyway. The driver's license is convenient for me though, but I normally don't have her ID on me. I was going to buy a lot of my stuff the other day but the deer tags did not ask anything about the county and public or private, just put them in my cart. Unless it does that after that point, but I was concerned and deleted them for now. Wasn't sure if that was setup yet or not and didn't want to putz with it later on. Bought my turkey tag and fishing license though, that was fine. I have to admit I don't get why people go and stand in line anymore, that would drive me nuts.
4/3/16 @ 6:24 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Yes does not even need to be your vehicle. If you are present with the car be it passenger or driver your Patrons entitles that vehicle to a pass. Be it a day sticker or whatever the length of stay in the park. Just let them know and they will make out the pass accordingly.
4/3/16 @ 5:46 AM
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10
Percheye, I did not know that about the patrons license.
4/2/16 @ 8:36 PM
Hooky
User since 12/17/01
I went last week to register a boat.Had to wait in line for 45 minutes to fill out the forms and they told me that it would be about three weeks before I got the title and registration in the mail. You used to get it right then and there. Now they have a central system that mails it out. . I for one, don't care for this new system. I got my fishing license that went smoothly!
4/2/16 @ 3:45 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
John r I didn't notice about a discounted second sticker I never bought one or even new they existed. You do realize that with the Patron license you are entitled to entry in any state park with your patrons You can even get a temporary pass for as many days as you are there. As far as the size of the printed license I cut mine down to about the size of my drivers license shows all pertinent info.
4/2/16 @ 1:59 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
I said the same thing the other day ere. Someone was in line buying their patrons, and questioned whether or not it was worth it to go through the change. I told him that when he walks away from this purchase and doesn't have a 8 foot long strip of green plastic to try and keep track of he will understand the benefit. He agreed with that and laughed.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 80 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE