SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

trail camera batteries

1/1/19 @ 8:28 PM
INITIAL POST
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11

Anyone else have bad luck with Duracell copper top batteries? 5 years ago these batteries would last almost the whole winter. Now I am lucky to get a month out of them. I use a few different makes of camera's and take pictures only. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
1/10/19 @ 2:01 PM
deerdog
User since 11/7/03

I only run Energizer lithium batteries now. Only thing that seemed to work in cold weather 

1/10/19 @ 1:27 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Just buy some rechargables and call it a day.  We use Energizers and while they are a much larger initial investment you will end up saving money in the long run.

1/9/19 @ 6:52 PM
Brother of the brush
User since 1/22/12

I bought duracells to replace dead batteries in my laser level, put them in and nothing.  I was ready to buy a new laser level and figured it couldn't hurt to try some old batteries I had.  It worked.  The new duracells were dead right out of the package, will never buy them again.

1/9/19 @ 1:48 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

I bought some Rayovac rechargeables 2 years ago and they last a good 2 months on a full charge.  Obviously depends on how many photos they take, but I get good life out of them. 

When you look at the cost of 8-AA batteries, say Energizer or Duracell, you're spending a ton of money over the course of a year.  I think it was in the neighborhood of $8.00 for 8 of the Rayovacs.

1/1/19 @ 10:39 PM
Ducksnbucks
User since 1/9/17

I know they are more expensive initially but I have started running energizer lithium ion batteries in the fall winter and spring. In the summer when temperature is not a issue I run regular batteries. I hope this helps.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE