MORE
General Hunting Discussion

SpyPoint cellular Camera problems. Looking for new cellular cameras

11/5/23 @ 6:20 PM
INITIAL POST
Work 2 Fish
Work 2 Fish
User since 6/20/07

I have 8 Spypoints. 2-solar LTE's, 5-battery LTE's, and 1 new-LM2. 3 of the battery LTE's and the new LM-2 just automatically stopped communicating. Moved them to the locations the other camera's were working and nothing. Called Spypoint service and wasted 20 hours of my life rebooting the cameras with no fix in site. Very frustrating. I would like to change to a different manufacurer and add at least another 12 cellular cameras. I don't mind making the investment but do not want to put all my eggs in one basket again. Any suggestions? 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
1/14/24 @ 4:58 AM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06
We have Sparten Cameras which work great but word of warning "Don't buy them from CELLCOM". If you do your subscription for data has to come from Cellcom. Get them directly from Spartan than you can get your data subscription through Spartan. Cellcom customer service absolutely sucks,  they are shutting down old cell systems and their new ones do not have the coverage. Our cell signals thru Cellcom in places especially right at our cabin is now very low which they admit has changed. Their only solution for the camera by the cabin is to by a signal strength booster. Cellcom " Simply the worst"
1/12/24 @ 10:03 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
I run cuddiebacks.  They are good, I've had them 3 years now. Their customer service top notch. I had an issue with the camera that sent the pictures,  it had an error message. Called them, they said send it in, so I did. Mailed it from the post office on Monday.  On Tuesday I got a test email from my camera,  got it back on Wednesday, no BS, 2 days. They replaced the modem in it, no charge. They are located in DePere.  Will be faithful customer just for the service.  
1/12/24 @ 9:22 AM
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
PRO MEMBER User since 5/17/01
My favorite cam is the Ridgetec Lookout 4G LTE. Been running them for three years now.
1/12/24 @ 8:30 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
dam!   my dad just got me a 2 pack of spypoints for xmas I was looking forward to getting them out next season, now im kinda leary.....
1/11/24 @ 4:58 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Tacticam has been great for me. If I would need to call them I would have to look up the number. Working on year 4 set it and forget it. When I have talked to them about changing cameras or plans they have been great to work with and easy to get ahold of.
11/13/23 @ 3:26 PM
Work 2 Fish
Work 2 Fish
User since 6/20/07
Thanks for your comments. 
 I will definitely get another brand for next season.
11/6/23 @ 12:50 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I just have 2 SpyPoint cameras.  A newer Flex 36 which work fine, but it uses a lot more battery.  Also have the Link-Micro-LTE-V which works if its cold out.  When its warm it can't get a signal, then the temp drops and its like clockwork that it will magically work.  So this time of year its fine, but early season its very sporadic unless it was a cold night.  The Flex one has better reception in the same locations.

I too would likely change, but will keep using what I have until it really frustrates me.  I do feel like the pictures are not great quality either, even with the settings turned up.
11/6/23 @ 8:59 AM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09
We run 22 cuddelink cameras and 2 sending units. They work great.  We have been running them for 3yrs now.  We have been happy with costumer service well.  
11/6/23 @ 5:31 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
I to have given up on Spypoint BS. I still use the Cell-Link with other brand cameras and they are flawless. But my Link-Micro-LTE-V is a pile of junk. I did get moisture inside of camera and found corrosion on the dual chips. I have now gone to Stealth Fusion X Pro and so far love it. Very fast trigger speed and it gives me an option for colored night pictures.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE